WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
301 - 320 of 595 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 ·
Any veteran can login and get a good deal, your rank/pay during enlistment has no bearing on what you can afford now.
For a vet yes, depending on how much money you make annually and if it fits your budget without pushing you over. For those still active, monthly pay is always a consideration.

·
Registered
176 Posts
For a vet yes, depending on how much money you make annually and if it fits your budget without pushing you over. For those still active, monthly pay is always a consideration.
I mean, how much money you make vs. what you can afford to buy is literally a factor for everyone, everywhere. If every vet got out and became a millionaire, we wouldn’t have recruiting issues.

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Nice! Then I hope my box is shipping separately and it was just a temporary oversight.

How do you like the rubber bracelet? I'm debating between the Omega one and something like a Hirsch that's a little bit less expensive.
The rubber strap is a complete piece of crap (my two cents). At this price point…they should be embarrassed for sending it out the door with that strap.

Maybe it’s just the size of my wrist (large-ish), but it was VERY difficult for me to get it fastened, as the metal clip is at a funky angle in relation to the holes you’re attempting to align it with.

My expectation for the rubber strap were extremely low and they managed to somehow disappoint me. My Seiko SKX-007 and Citizen BN-0151 came with rubber straps that were more functional.

I wore it once, removed it (stuck it in the box just for lol’s), and put it on a single-pass from Crown & Buckle.

Awesome watch (I’m blown away by the watch…it looks much nicer in person than in any pictures that I’ve seen online)…absolute garbage strap.

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
The rubber strap is a complete piece of crap (my two cents). At this price point…they should be embarrassed for sending it out the door with that strap.

Maybe it’s just the size of my wrist (large-ish), but it was VERY difficult for me to get it fastened, as the metal clip is at a funky angle in relation to the holes you’re attempting to align it with.

My expectation for the rubber strap were extremely low and they managed to somehow disappoint me. My Seiko SKX-007 and Citizen BN-0151 came with rubber straps that were more functional.

I wore it once, removed it (stuck it in the box just for lol’s), and put it on a single-pass from Crown & Buckle.

Awesome watch (I’m blown away by the watch…it looks much nicer in person than in any pictures that I’ve seen online)…absolute garbage strap.
Thats unfortunate cause the rubber strap on the Worldtimer is perhaps the best I've encountered.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I’m sure that advice applies to many folks, but I don’t like bracelets. I would have had it sized, removed it, and left it in the box the same as I did with the rubber strap.
Oh I do the same thing but if you are ever going to sell that watch you'll have an easier time selling it with the bracelet and get more money for it.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
I am not a big fan of rubber straps but the one on the Seamaster is the nicest one I've handled. I also have a 7 inch wrist so no problems putting it on.

Reactions: watchman600

·
Premium Member
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #315 ·

As a SMP owner who has a rubber strap on mine, I was taken aback by this. But then, I have seen some rubber straps with deployant clasps. Which strap did you receive with yours?

I purchased my strap at an OB and have found it to be extremely secure and one of the most comfortable rubber straps I have.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
504 Posts
As a SMP owner who has a rubber strap on mine, I was taken aback by this. But then, I have seen some rubber straps with deployant clasps. Which strap did you receive with yours?

I purchased my strap at an OB and have found it to be extremely secure and one of the most comfortable rubber straps I have.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Plain rubber strap with regular looking hardware and clasp. Strap from a Citizen Promaster Tough on the left (I threw out all my other all-rubber straps). Omega strap on the right.

Maybe the strap breaks-in over time. I found it to be extremely rigid and a pain to fasten.

Edit: Like I said earlier though…I had no intention of using the rubber strap, regardless of which one it came with. This was more of a “the strap was clearly an afterthought” kind of thing. I.e. How most motorcycles…even those that are $20k+ come with an uncomfortable seat that you’ve got to upgrade if you want to comfortably spend more than an hour on it at a time.

Office supplies Carbon Font Fashion accessory Rectangle

·
Premium Member
3,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #317 ·
Ok, thats the same strap I have on mine...blue though. I like the strange-shaped clasp "tooth" as it adds some security for me. I hope you find one that is just right for you!!!

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
Nice! Then I hope my box is shipping separately and it was just a temporary oversight.

How do you like the rubber bracelet? I'm debating between the Omega one and something like a Hirsch that's a little bit less expensive.
Mine arrived without the nice box, too. If yours shows up, let me know how you made that happen!

Re: your strap comment, I usually have a Hirsch Accent on my black SMP. I like it much better than the OEM rubber strap. It's just as comfortable and looks a lot better (in my opinion). My blue SMP came on the rubber strap, but it now wears the bracelet from the black one. So, owning both straps, I prefer the Hirsch Accent.
Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Material property

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ok, thats the same strap I have on mine...blue though. I like the strange-shaped clasp "tooth" as it adds some security for me. I hope you find one that is just right for you!!!
I had the opposite reaction to that feature. :LOL:

I had a few straps ready to go. This is my favorite at the moment (Crown & Buckle). Damn good looking watch. :)

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

301 - 320 of 595 Posts