WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
321 - 340 of 622 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I.e. How most motorcycles…even those that are $20k+ come with an uncomfortable seat that you’ve got to upgrade if you want to comfortably spend more than an hour on it at a time.
Oh they totally do that on purpose to get you back in the store to buy another seat. Same reason why half the bits on the bike are chrome and half are black. They’re betting you will come back and buy parts to make the whole thing match.

Source: I am stupid enough to love Harley Davidson’s.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Same. C&C out of Cali. In the spirit of this thread, they actually do a 10% military discount.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Also, that back rest is the single best thing I did to that bike. Even for short rides. But on long rides…chef’s kiss. I’m sure I’m not the only 30 year old with a ****ed up back from the military

·
Premium Member
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #325 ·
I need to change the name of this thread. We're all over the place and I love it.

Vets! Let's see those motorcycles in between these sales. I'm loving this group.

We will keep up with the AAFES sales, but in between, let's see some other cool stuff.

On the same topic...I put a deposit to grab the first Triumph Bobber Gold Line that my dealer is getting in January.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
Oh they totally do that on purpose to get you back in the store to buy another seat. Same reason why half the bits on the bike are chrome and half are black. They’re betting you will come back and buy parts to make the whole thing match.

Source: I am stupid enough to love Harley Davidson’s.
Yep. I fooled them, though. I took my seat to have the cushioning modified, but kept the stock seat.

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
AAFES is telling me that they contacted the vendor (Omega directly?) and I should expect the box to be shipped to my in early December. So for anyone who gets a watch without a box, might be worth your while to talk to AAFES, as I'm not sure a box will automagically arrive without a complaint first. Anyway, assuming it comes this was just a small hiccup for me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The rubber strap is a complete piece of crap (my two cents). At this price point…they should be embarrassed for sending it out the door with that strap.

Maybe it’s just the size of my wrist (large-ish), but it was VERY difficult for me to get it fastened, as the metal clip is at a funky angle in relation to the holes you’re attempting to align it with.

My expectation for the rubber strap were extremely low and they managed to somehow disappoint me. My Seiko SKX-007 and Citizen BN-0151 came with rubber straps that were more functional.

I wore it once, removed it (stuck it in the box just for lol’s), and put it on a single-pass from Crown & Buckle.

Awesome watch (I’m blown away by the watch…it looks much nicer in person than in any pictures that I’ve seen online)…absolute garbage strap.
I think you're very much in the minority here. I find the rubber strap one of the best I've used.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
It’s officially on. Unfortunately not sold on the SMP. Was hoping for the 3861 to be on but no dice. For those of you that can shop Navy Exchange, they have different options on Longines and Hamilton.

321 - 340 of 622 Posts