WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and gals,
Just a general question. How many of you swim, as in swimming in a chlorinated pool with your DOXA? I know that there in no question as to the water resistance but I'm wondering about the effect of chlorine on the painted parts of the bezel. My 1200 Pro bezel is already beginning to get that nice vintage "frosted" look near the edges of the bezel, but as with everyone else out there I'd like to keep the paint in as long as possible. I know that it will eventually make it's way out though, just curious.
And, not to brag but this is the only watch that I've been able to do this with... my 1200 Pro after 41 days of constant wear is exactly 18 seconds fast, amazing accuracy... something like .44 of a second fast per day! That's with it being stem up at while I'm at work. When worn a constant 24 hours it runs about +1 sec per day. Happy, happy camper here!:)

Sgt Tim

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi Tim!

That is some amazing Accuracy there..looks like you got a Tuesday watch ;)

I would think the effects of Salt water would be more corrosive than chlorine. You'd be fine with a quick rinse off after.

I've been thinking with my Sharkie, that I would drop a small bit of the wife's clear nail polish to make sure it lasts that much longer

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I swim at the gym with my 1200T Searambler frequently. The watch still is cosmetically and functionally perfect. It has run +8/day since I bought it from Doxa when released, but I'm okay with that.

Rob

Sent using Tapatalk for Android

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ben-
You obviously saw my 1000 Pro, that had been in pools maybe 15 to 20 times over the two years that I had it and other than one missing number there were no adverse things happening there. I'll wear this one in the pool without any thought I'm sure, that's just the kind of watch that it is.
As far as my - our old 1000 that you flipped, hey if it doesn't sing to you let 'er go. All the way to Belgium, man that watch is getting around!

Sgt Tim

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I swim daily in my chlorinated pool with my Doxas and rinse off with well water afterwards with no problems. Keep in mind, that if you live in a city and have municipal water then your tap water is chlorinated also. I've never heard of tap water of any kind harming a watch. I think the effects of pool chlorine and chlorinated tap water is minimal. BTW my oldest reissue is nearly 8 years old and has all it's original paint.

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts