WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends
I am about to buy a Submariner..It is a used one..And I will get it for 3900USD..What do you think about the price?And what do you think about the watch? real or not?

·
4,410 Posts
The watch looks legit, but why...

does it have the took kit wallet that only come with a Seadweller? It shouldn't.

Who is selling it? Do you completely trust them? Can you get a movement shot from them? The fakes are really really good.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
The watch in that picture is real in my opinion. Hopefully the person you are buying it from is trustworthy enough to send you the watch we see here.

Take all the necessary precautions though, including paying with Paypal and a credit card.

Actually, those pictures are quite good. I'm a little jealous of them.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Re: The watch looks legit, but why...

It's real or the best fake ever made.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Dear Friends thanks for your replies,I will get the watch from the seller from his hand..He also lives in Istanbul and we will meet and before giving the money he said ''We can go to the Rolex Turkey General Distrubutor for expertising the watch''..They make an official expertising .. So is there a possibility of everything real but the movement inside fake? Can the expert at the AD understand the movement if it is real or not without opening the caseback? Thanks again for your help and also what do you think about the price?

·
4,410 Posts
The price is fair...

As for authenticating the watch, he may be able to by tell by winding it, moving it about and feeling the way the rotor spins, and listen to how the watch sounds. But he most likely would take the back off the watch to verify it, and you should insist that he does.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts

Dear Friends thanks for your replies,I will get the watch from the seller from his hand..He also lives in Istanbul and we will meet and before giving the money he said ''We can go to the Rolex Turkey General Distrubutor for expertising the watch''..They make an official expertising .. So is there a possibility of everything real but the movement inside fake? Can the expert at the AD understand the movement if it is real or not without opening the caseback? Thanks again for your help and also what do you think about the price?
Even if the AD does NOT want to, insist on them opening and pay them whatever for opening and closing and pressure testing. (can't be more than $50 I would think..)

It will make you feel SO much better at night.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks friends I will take care of your recommendations..

·
Registered
446 Posts

If that is a fake it is the best ever- that said the one thing that was odd (someone saw this too) was the tool kit. While cool, I thought that should only come with a Sea Dweller. Take it to an AD, and they will verify.

·
Registered
166 Posts

BTW, the advice about going to an AD of your choice is spot on. Paying for authentication/pressure testing will give you piece of mind.

The watch does look legit; however, pictures can deceive. One thing to look for as well is the laser etching of the Rolex Crown. It is difficult to see; but, if you hold the watch paralell to the floor, and look at it from a 45 degree angle, you should see it above the 6 marker.

A few other things:

- In your pics, you may want to cover up your serial number. It will help prevent fakes and protect the owner. Same with the receipt.

- Question the owner why two credit cards were used. Seems odd to split between two cards.

- Call the merchant on the receipt and verify that the watch was in fact sold on that date. If it was recent, the AD should still have copies of the paperwork. They may not share it; however, no harm in asking.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

BTW, the advice about going to an AD of your choice is spot on. Paying for authentication/pressure testing will give you piece of mind.

The watch does look legit; however, pictures can deceive. One thing to look for as well is the laser etching of the Rolex Crown. It is difficult to see; but, if you hold the watch paralell to the floor, and look at it from a 45 degree angle, you should see it above the 6 marker.

A few other things:

- In your pics, you may want to cover up your serial number. It will help prevent fakes and protect the owner. Same with the receipt.

- Question the owner why two credit cards were used. Seems odd to split between two cards.

- Call the merchant on the receipt and verify that the watch was in fact sold on that date. If it was recent, the AD should still have copies of the paperwork. They may not share it; however, no harm in asking.
Hmm these are really useful advices..thank you very much...

·
Registered
13,407 Posts

Replicas DO have the laser etched coronet now and pretty well done also so that's no guarantee.
The watch in the pics is real though I believe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts