WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my birthday, my wife is buying me a Stowa. I have narrowed my choice to a MO...white face, polished.

A few things I am still debating are:
- Roman vs Arabic numerals
- Strap (black leatherstrap w/ white stitching) or black crocostrap.

Any suggestions based on anyone's collection or pictures to show?

I would like to wear the watch with jeans during weekend and suits during week.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
363 Posts
There was a poll recently... see here;
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=141233&highlight=arabic+roman

Over 60% in favour of the traditional Arabic numerals... but really it's whatever you prefer, and like most.

Straps too are a personal choice... you can use the search function to see many examples - but basically the Marine Original looks fabulous on any strap

Lucky man, to have such a generous wife :-!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
170 Posts
I agree it is more or less a personal choice but, I would go with matt finish which is IMHO more versatile and easy to care for
asws: just my 3,5 cents b-)
C

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Arabic numerals, polished case, brown strap.

Call it what it may, but the MO is a dress watch, which I think should have a polished case.

The brushed finish is very nice too;
actually either finish would be nice, but I think white faced watches look best on tan, brown, or lighter straps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree entirely with fachiro1: I had my MO on a blue alligator band for a while, but have gone back to light brown.

By the way, Fachiro, never mine the free electronic music links-- do you have any more cool videos$

·
Registered
804 Posts
Arabic numerals, polished case, brown strap.

Call it what it may, but the MO is a dress watch, which I think should have a polished case.

The brushed finish is very nice too;
actually either finish would be nice, but I think white faced watches look best on tan, brown, or lighter straps.
If the design of the MO was originally derived from a Naval Marine clock, I don't see how one can make the assumption that it is purely a dress watch. I think the beauty of the MO is that it can be just as convincing as a very casual watch as well. The finish is purely a matter of taste. I prefer the satin finish, and I've even asked Stowa if they would consider a brushed case with a polished bezel as an option--for me that would be the ideal, but everybody has their own ideas of the "right" feel for this watch!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts