WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Im willing to make my third purchase of an Omega, the 2908.50.82 Orange Planet Ocean on the black rubber strap. I couldnt find that model at the Boutique, as it is out of stock, but i found it at a dealer, who claims he sources them overseas. Of course he assured me that it is authentic(i know it is, ive checked it, not an issue) and that the warranty card will be stamped at the date of my purchase, and Omega will honour the warranty.

However, upon inspection, ive noticed that the red dot that signifies that the watch's caseback hasnt been opened is missing:-( Ive seen other models at his shop, and they all have that dot, only this one doesnt. Is that solid proof that the watch has been opened?? Or do some units slip away from Omega without that dot?

Please advise me as I really like the look of this watch and would like to purchase it ASAP.

Cheers!

·
Registered
201 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I stand corrected.. mine does have it. But it is so tiny and covered by bracelet link etc ...

Auto part Wheel

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
I believe you may have trouble getting warranty service if the red dot is missing or obviously "broken."

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
It must be remembered that the red dot, is only a film, so it can (and does), fall off.
However - you will get a warranty service as long as the warranty card is complete.

cheers,
Jake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.