WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. So I was finally accepted to med school and am looking to buy myself a celebratory gift. Budget is about $2500. I am really interested in the Tudor Heritage Chrono and the Black Bay with blue bezel. I could probably swing one of these used. Another one I've been looking at is the Nomos Club in white/ cream. Any of you fine people have any suggestions in this price range? I'm just wondering what's out there that I've missed or has flown under the radar. My daily beater is an Eterna Kontiki in blue.

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
You might be able to purchase a brand new Tudor Heritage Black Bay 36:

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
How about this beaut. with a 5 day in-house movement?
Watch Analog watch Strap Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Reactions: Synequano

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Bizarrely I had occasion to mention this just the other day too, but Ball do currently make a Doctor's Chronograph. Not necessarily a useful complication to you, but it would be a nice way to mark the occasion if you can get on with the vintage styling and of course the gold case:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

·
Registered
973 Posts
Congrats. My vote goes to Tudor Black Bay.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Owner of a black bay red. Love it. It looks great in blue - especially with that white coat of yours. You can get them used and possibly under warranty on the forum under your budget.

Congrats and good luck.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Congrats on the start of your journey. I would recommend something on a bracelet or rubber strap, so that you can wash it off easily and something on the thinner side that you can slide rubber gloves over. Actually your Kontiki is a pretty perfect watch for med school. I would actually recommend against having anything too nice especially when you get to 3rd and 4th years on the wards. As a med student, you often don't have a secure place to put things like a locker or office, and things get stolen in the hospital all the time.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I would say the Black bay 41 without the bezel or the blue black bay eta if you can get a good one used. Failing that the sbdx017

·
Registered
1,748 Posts

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Black Bay. You will find the timing bezel and lume to be very useful. Get the titanium one, if you can, or it's a beast.

When you finish: Rolex.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
If it’s celebratory, get whatever you like. The most common watch I see on the wards is the Apple Watch Sport. (Or android equivalent). I would concur with the rubber strap or bracelet recommendations. I only wear a watch with leather strap on days I have heavy administrative duties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 60 Posts