WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to share my experience with my Night Train for the last month. I spent the first few nights tried to fiure out a perfect position for him to "sleep"! I must say, it's not keeping an acurate time at all... let's say, in one day, where I wear it for 12 hours, and let it sleep for the other 12 ... it runs about 6 seconds slow during the 12 hours on my wrist, but it will run about 5.5 seconds fast for the next 12 hours sleeping in the "crown down" position. In this case, eventually it keeps a perfect time of 0.5 secound slow per day!!!

but see, if I keep wearing it for 24 hours, or let it sleep in any other position other than "crown down", the worst I have seen was 12 seconds slow on my baby! any advise here? should I send it back to ball for a check up, or, should I just let it be, since I have my own little way to keep it 0.5 seconds a day??

·
Registered
460 Posts
Interesting.

Are you setting it every day? winding it every day? Adjusting the time at all? Are you wearing it 15 to 18 hours every day? or much less?

I have not adjusted mine once since I started wearing it about 2 months ago. (as an experiment). I wear it all the time. I wear it from 17 hours to 24 hours a day, sometimes taking it off at night (as it is too danged bright! I like that) and sometimes not. I wear it swimming and excercising. I ahve not adjust the time once.

I noticed some swings of PLUS 6 to minue 7 seconds from time to time and many days it was "spot on", meaning to me, about 1 or two seconds deviation.

After over three months and one week, it is now about 2 minutes and 35 seconds slow TOTAL, which, if I do my math right, is about a less than 2 seconds PER WEEK deviation. Well within chronometer specs by a long shot.

Did I get lucky? Or do I wear mine more often? Do you wear yours enough or do you have one has not self adjusted yet? Or do you have one that needs replaced?

I think you should wind it a lot during the first couple of weeks that you have it. (or start now) and wear it every dayfor at least 16 or 18 hours per day. Do this for two weeks and see if it "self adjust" as ETA says they will.

If not, send that baby back for BALL WATCH USA's Swiss trained and AWCI trained watchmakers to adjust.

Keep us informed.

Jeff Hess

Just want to share my experience with my Night Train for the last month. I spent the first few nights tried to fiure out a perfect position for him to "sleep"! I must say, it's not keeping an acurate time at all... let's say, in one day, where I wear it for 12 hours, and let it sleep for the other 12 ... it runs about 6 seconds slow during the 12 hours on my wrist, but it will run about 5.5 seconds fast for the next 12 hours sleeping in the "crown down" position. In this case, eventually it keeps a perfect time of 0.5 secound slow per day!!!

but see, if I keep wearing it for 24 hours, or let it sleep in any other position other than "crown down", the worst I have seen was 12 seconds slow on my baby! any advise here? should I send it back to ball for a check up, or, should I just let it be, since I have my own little way to keep it 0.5 seconds a day??

·
Registered
944 Posts
I have noticed that all of my Ball watches are almost "spot on" when wearing them as apposed to just wearing for Short periods:think: I have no complaints with that:-! If i set and hand wind them before wearing,they keep "chronometer" accuracy on my wrist:-! Try out what Jeff said and you may get the same results,Balls are Happy when Worn Alot! Good Luck

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
All mechanical watches will have positional variance. Just as the COSC specs are for +6/-4, there are also positional variance requirements, which I believe are a max of 5 seconds. (also for temperature as well)

I too have noticed that the Balls we have will run almost to the second on the wrist. I have discovered which position to keep my winder for all of my watches and can keep my Moonphase within a few seconds a day on the winder with ease now also, thanx to the test we did in this forum.

My NightTrain is still honeymooning so it will be on my wrist for some time. After regulation, it achieves +2 on the wrist daily.

I will post my off the wrist findings when I have an opportunity to measure them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do wear it every day for the last month, but I am not a really busy person, only wearing it about 12 hours a day. Maybe I will just have to wear it more, wind it more as you guys says, ans see how it goes. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I do wear it every day for the last month, but I am not a really busy person, only wearing it about 12 hours a day. Maybe I will just have to wear it more, wind it more as you guys says, ans see how it goes. Thanks guys.

Maybe set it to the atomic clock or time.gov this am after setting and winding. Tomorrow and Wednesday,wind it 20-25 turns as well. Check the results each morning at the same time, or every 12 hours if you want. My gut feeling is that you will probably find that the watch needs regulating, but this way you will know for sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts