WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi;

Well, my Rolex OQ Day-Date came back from its service last Friday, and has been on my wrist 24/7 since then. In the course of this first week, it hast lost exactly 1 second, which (if these figures continue to be borne out by experience, of course) puts it at -52 a year, which is within the OQ's stated +/-60 per year. So far, so good !

How's your new OQ doing so far, Bruce ? Hope all is well !

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
That's a pretty heavy duty extrapolation, but so far, so good. Frankly, I haven't been checking mine. I'm thinking it may be time for another time competition.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi;

Like you say, it's not a lot of data to go on yet - just have to wait and see how things go, but it's a good start, if nothing else. In any case it's certainly incredibly more accurate than my Oyster Perpetual Datejust, which runs at about +4/day !

·
Registered
638 Posts
My Oysterquartz had been running at a very steady +33 sec/yr for 6 months, then last month suddenly changed to -26 sec/yr. Not sure what is going on, maybe the battery needs replacement.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Accuracy report for my Rolex Oysterquartz and other HEQ

I started to log the accuracy of my HEQ back in May. The results so far are:

Rolex Oysterquartz - lost 26 seconds

Omega Seamaster multifunction - gained 11 seconds

Rado Ceramica - gained 3 seconds:gold

Omega X-33 - quit testing when it became clear that it was performing badly, losing more than 2 minutes per year.:-|

I notice what I suspect is a temperature effect as we come into the hot weather in the land downunder. The errors have increased in the last 3 weeks.

The Rado is the surprise (to me at least). It nearly meets COSC standards, by my imprecise and casual testing. I do not plan to give it an 100g shocks to find out how it performs.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those Rado results are very interesting, ausrandoman. I've got a Rado Sintra, and I have to say I've never really kept precise tabs on it. Maybe I'll start doing so - it'll be interesting to compare the Rado to the Rolex and see which comes out on top over the coming months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts