WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was October 9 (last month) when last synced it to my atomic clock, and then decided to retire my baby to the watch box this winter while I monitor the accuracy.

So far the watch hasn't been subjected to extremely cold conditions, but there have been a few slight cold fronts that have moved in since then.
I'll guestimate the temperatures have been in the range of 55 degrees but no more than 80.

Right now, it seems to be running approximately 3/4 of a second fast to my atomic clock. One thing I like so far...At least it runs on the positive side when it's stored below body temperature. I'd much rather any watch I own run on the positive than negative side, since it's much easier to re-sync the watch by stopping the movement and let the current time catch up to it, in addition I'd rather be early than late!

Anway, at this rate it's not even close to the spec. of +1 second when I wore the watch and monitored it for a whole year at body temperature.

Ahhhh.....Thermocompensation...that's no BS, huh? :-d

·
Registered
815 Posts
3/4 seconds fast in over a year is damn good. :-!

...At least it runs on the positive side when it's stored below body temperature. I'd much rather any watch I own run on the positive than negative side...
I've never ever read any article in which a qartz, TC or not, ran SLOW. :think:

·
Banned
3,654 Posts
3/4 seconds fast in over a year is damn good. :-!...
Yes, it is... but... Rex did not claim that! In fact, he mentioned that the watch gained 3/4 second since the 9th of October (this year that is).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts