WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted an Accutron space view but the prices for some of them are ridiculous so I've been thinking of an alternative. I was wondering since I have an Accutron 214 if I could remove the dial and replace the crystal to match the ones on the space view models. I'm not a rookie at this so I know it's possible but my concern is if I'm ruining the value of the watch I already have. Reason I even considered the conversion is because the dial on my 214 shows a bit of aging and being the overly sensitive watch enthusiast that I am it's beginning to bother me. So does this sound like a good idea or am I about to make a huge mistake. Please tell me thoughts on this, thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Most modded watches, as I'm sure you know, are worth less than the sum of their parts. But my philosophy is you shouldn't buy watches to sell them, you should buy them to enjoy. If you would enjoy this, do it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most modded watches, as I'm sure you know, are worth less than the sum of their parts. But my philosophy is you shouldn't buy watches to sell them, you should buy them to enjoy. If you would enjoy this, do it.
Thanks you make a good point

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,063 Posts
Thanks you make a good point
If you are looking for a watch to enjoy then sure, make the modification and have fun. Because that's what watches should be about. Resale value should be irrelevant.

Unfortunately some unscrupulous sellers figured this modification out long ago and regularly pass them off on Ebay as a real Space View.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts