WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a backup quartz watch, and the 96B207 Accutron II Moonview is really appealing to me. My late stepfather had a 1960s vintage Accutron and my first decent watch was a Bulova automatic ca. 1975, so I've always had a soft spot for Bulovas.

The
96B207 is almost exactly what I want except for having a mineral crystal. If and when it gets scratched, is anyone making domed sapphire aftermarket crystals? I don't know if there's much of a modding culture for Bulova.

Thanks!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW this was inspired by several versions of the Moonview popping up today on Massdrop - I went ahead and ordered one, at $250ish I had a hard time resisting. I'm *such* a slut. ;-)

·
Registered
629 Posts
I can't answer your question on crystals, but I do own a Moonview II. Extremely accurate and comfortable, but alit larger then my old school 60's Astronauts. And the sweep second hand is always cool. I think I bought mine in Dec 2014. It is one of many watches in my collection so it doesn't see alot of wear so I have not had a worry about the crystal. You bought yours at a good price.

New Watch in old school box.

Reactions: HeavyDuty_Ken
1 - 3 of 3 Posts