WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally bought an Accutron. Ive wanted one for a long time and finally found one on the bay for about $20. It is one of the "Dress" versions with the 2210 movement. I also bought one of the battery adapter kits on the bay. I put the battery in and it began to hum along nicely but to my disappointment the hands do not move. Does anyone have any suggestions here?

·
Registered
45 Posts
So I finally bought an Accutron. Ive wanted one for a long time and finally found one on the bay for about $20. It is one of the "Dress" versions with the 2210 movement. I also bought one of the battery adapter kits on the bay. I put the battery in and it began to hum along nicely but to my disappointment the hands do not move. Does anyone have any suggestions here?
Does the second hand move? Can you hear it hum but no hands move at all? Did it work at first and then stop?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I'd have to look at a diagram, but sure sounds like a cannon pinion or related item between a power transfer wheel and the hands.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it is the 2210 movement which was supposedly the "Dress" watch movement so it does not have a second hand. The movement is rather hard to examine because the 2210 is very small compared to the 214 or 218, and I do not plan on touching anything.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Accutrons have two separate concerns. One is the electronic portion which includes the coils. Once you ascertain the puppy hums then you move on to the train. You have a train problem. Blockage or wear or maladjustment. Which is good because parts for the electronic side of your watch a difficult to find (read expensive).

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
How "easy" is it set? Do you feel any resistance to turning the hands or does it seem loose? If there's friction there, and you definately hear it humming, then likely the pawls just need to be adjusted to engage the index wheel properly. That, or something inside is seriously broke.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It seems fine , I actually got a good deal on two more yesterday. A 214 and a 218. Im waiting on a battery for the 218 but the 214 is doing the same thing. Ill post pics later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts