WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this Titus from a forum member. This is my first vintage purchase. I love the way it looks, I just hope that I didn't get taken in by a frankenwatch. I know it's not 100% original, but that's not why I got it (no investment piece here!). I just don't want it to be faux vintage.

Does anyone have any info on this vintage of Titus watch?

Attached is a pic of the face I just took. Also, pic of the movement from the listing.

Any info would be appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
503 Posts
Looks like a 40's Titus. Decent brand and they had some pretty nice designs back in the day.
I think the hands (Hour, Minute) are replacements, it looks like they are from a later era. Apart from that, I think it all checks out.
The caseback on 40's Titus should be unsigned most of the time (Apart from the usual "Fond Acier Inoxydable" or "Stainless Steel Back") from what I have seen over time.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a 40's Titus. Decent brand and they had some pretty nice designs back in the day.
I think the hands (Hour, Minute) are replacements, it looks like they are from a later era. Apart from that, I think it all checks out.
The caseback on 40's Titus should be unsigned most of the time (Apart from the usual "Fond Acier Inoxydable" or "Stainless Steel Back") from what I have seen over time.
Thank you so much for the reply.

I've been searching Google images and can't find much to compare to my new watch.

I'd love to see what the original hands looked like. Any resources? I'm new to this whole vintage game!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts