WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading around and there are a number of messages referring to these PO's.

Tried searching for acronyms here, but didn't find much.

Also, since we're on the topic of acronyms, care to post any others that come to mind? That way future newbies will benefit as well.

Thanks!

Alex

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hi,

PO is short for (Seamaster Professional) Planet Ocean.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I've been reading around and there are a number of messages referring to these PO's.

Also, since we're on the topic of acronyms, care to post any others that come to mind? That way future newbies will benefit as well.

Thanks!

Alex
I'll help you out with a few:

PO - Plantet Ocean
SMP - Seamaster Professional
SM 300 - Seamaster 300m - early models
HV - Hour vision

WUS - this place
AD - Authorised Dealer
FAD - Favourite Authorised dealer

·
Registered
5,016 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Thanks!
Alex
Not to be confused with OP. PO = Planet Ocean. OP = Original poster.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Not Omega related, but you'll also see "DSSD" around here referring to the Rolex "Deep Sea" Sea Dweller.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
This is actually one that can be confusing .... PO also refers to the Previous Owner.

BPM is Beats Per Minute Beats me -pun intended- why no one uses the more scientific and better known unit Hz, in this case BPS, Beats Per Second.
Love the German equivalent for BPM: Halb Schwinge. By the way, people from The Netherlands know BPM as a special vehicle tax ...

This could turn in to a fun thread ..... ;-)

RonB

·
Registered
396 Posts
BPM is Beats Per Minute Beats me -pun intended- why no one uses the more scientific and better known unit Hz, in this case BPS, Beats Per Second.
RonB
Maybe because Hz usually is used as the unit for cycles per second. And - so that Hertz is not the only car rental company that gets mentioned - let's also introduce the lesser known unit AVIS: Angular Velocity in Inverse Seconds. Sorry.

·
Registered
402 Posts
You are ALL incorrect!

PO stands for Popular Omega... :-d

....as by observation of all of the recent Planet Oceans being purchased by WIS members.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts