WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because there are way, way too many ads in the ‘free version’, I was all set to pay the $20 annual fee for the premium ad-free version. But since I am on my large iPad Pro all day long essentially running safari 24/7, I instead installed the Ad Block Pro for Safari at a cost of $9.95. I’m happy again on WUS, but more importantly , the rest of my iPad experience is also greatly enhanced, no ads, pop-ups, distractions , and every thing loads super-fast. ( since I’m largely house bound , I did spend the extra $ for the 512 GB when I bought my iPad Pro).
And again, in the total scheme of things, while I was ready to pay the $20, putting an Ad-Blocker custom designed for Safari basically improved everything . So, if you use Apple and use the Safari browser , I highly recommend you consider the Ad Block Pro For Safari. Even if you are paying the $20 for the ad-free version WUS, I still recommend the Ad Block Pro for Safari as it will improve all of your internet surfing. Have a Great Day, judg69.

·
Premium Member
8,207 Posts
And just to add to that.... Yesterday, I added "AdBlock" as an extension to my Safari browser on my MacBook Air. (running MacOS) It took away all the ads.

Today, I upgraded to Premium, cause I'm all about that Premium badge, baby! 😅 😅 No seriously, I figured I'd see if it improved anything else, and besides, $20 isn't much to pay for as much as I've used this forum.

Just FYI - the Premium upgrade did not change a thing, as far as how the webpage looks. Looks just the same as it did just running AdBlock. (btw, that's free on MacOS)

Thanks judg69, I may add that to my iPad Pro as well. (y)

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Glad it worked out for you @judg69, but I just thought I would support the forum and pay up but mainly because I had some spare cash in my PayPal account I forgot about so only had to add a couple of pounds. So glad I did though as now I'm used to it more I love the new look
But, but... can't you use that to buy some watch?? o_O (a cheap Casio or something)

·
Premium Member
8,207 Posts
Another update: after upgrading to premium, in settings I was able to click that box to eliminate the right-hand column, and it works, and it looks much better IMO. Worth the $20.

Under Account Settings/Preferences:

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another update: after upgrading to premium, in settings I was able to click that box to eliminate the right-hand column, and it works, and it looks much better IMO. Worth the $20.

Under Account Settings/Preferences:

View attachment 15326434
I only wish I did the Ad Block Pro earlier as it improves all my internet use. Still may pay the $20 If it spreads the actual content across the 25% of the screen that is now available due to no ads. Is that wat you are saying it did for you Time 4Play? Thanks, judg69

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jokes aside, do you guys know if there's an ad-blocker for Android as well?
Mougino, there are certainly Ad Blockers available for Android. Just go into the Android App Store and put Ad Blocker in the search bar. Or on your browser just enter Ad Blocker for Android in the search bar. Good Luck, judg69

·
Registered
12,311 Posts
I'm 99% on my phone and have Tapatalk premium for $5 yr. No ads or clutter and can access a wide variety of sites. No of fence to WUS wanting to increase profits, but a member only forum don't tickle the taint.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Jokes aside, do you guys know if there's an ad-blocker for Android as well?
The best one is "AdAway" but you need to have rooted device.
AsAway cancels the adds from you browser AND from your other apps.

If you want to do not see the adds while surfing, I would recommend Opera a browser, it has build-in ad-blocker.
Firefox and Chrome for sure have blockers too, so you just need to install them.

·
Premium Member
8,207 Posts
Reactions: Dxnnis and judg69

·
Premium Member
13,982 Posts
I bit the bullet and upgraded about twenty minutes ago but I haven't seen my status change yet. For those that upgraded, how long did it take before you saw the right hand side of the screen change?
It also still shows me as registered instead or "Premium Member".

1 - 20 of 54 Posts