WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mitch and members-
saw the new ad today and it was awesome- saw it in IW mag- definitely spoke to me more than most others- love the slogan "who you are...not who you want to be" and the surfer gives a much nicer image than say a person in a suit in an office etc etc :0 nice

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Do you think so? I've had mixed feelings about the current ad campaign. We'll see how well it works out.

I tend to like plain ads that simply show the watch, a few specs, and the price.

Mitch

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
it is a good idea to list the price even? if this was the first model released by Ocean7 i can see the reasoning behind it. not so sure it's needed now and the website lists the prices for those who are interested in buying. :think:

I tend to like plain ads that simply show the watch, a few specs, and the price.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
it is a good idea to list the price even? if this was the first model released by Ocean7 i can see the reasoning behind it. not so sure it's needed now and the website lists the prices for those who are interested in buying. :think:
That's what the advertising people say. Maybe they are correct.

Mitch

·
Registered
8,857 Posts
I saw that ad too in the latest issue of IW. When I first saw it I saw the image of the surfer and I said, Hmmmmm, not really sure that works for the Ocean7 branding philosophy. Then I thought back to the other ad I saw, the one with the fly fisherman. At the time I saw that one I wondered about the choice of that image too. Ocean7 has developed such a rich recognition based on dive watches, I was surprised Mitch didn't go in that direction :-s

Anyway Mitch, Keep up the excellent work in your watch development.

Just my 02¢. (BTW, Marketing, brand development, Product development & Packaging design is what my company provides to clients). :)

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my thoughts are dive only is awfully limiting, people already know they are able to use them to dive but most do not- so that reach appeals to me- a 34 y/o who is outdoors, snowboarding, surfing and wanting quality thats not overpriced but not cheap either and thats what I got from the ad- but I do agree the price isnt needed- I didnt see it either though on that one- nice job Mitch stay with the guys you got!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts