WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not live close to a Breitling AD and I need one that will give a good discount. If they still exist. Looking to add a CA next to these two. Please PM me and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
42,049 Posts
:-S What's a good discount? Plus, why should an AD give you a discount if
your're not a customer?

:-| I gotta get me an "attitude adjustment tool" for those who come
schlepping in expecting the world. It would get a lot of use. :-D

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, you might want to invest in that adjustment tool Watchbreath. Like I said in my post I don't live close to an AD. Look, if you can't/won't help, then just don't reply.

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
9,151 Posts
Hi Guys,

I going to say a few things that have been on my mind for the last couple of weeks. Forgive me if I sound peeved, its not my intention.

The forum is for the discussion of watches, most particularly Breitling watches, their history, care, servicing, and lastly acquisition.

We like to hear about your experiences, stories, tales of woe and joy, family involvement and anything else you might care to relate in a social context.

The last thing this place is a service station counter where you crack a coke and check out where you might pick up a deal on a used tyre so you can blow on by. We like to get to know you. Share a beer and maybe have a yak about things Breitling and a lot else. If it comes up in discussion that a deal may be had so be it but I'm getting peeved, using the same adjective because it feels right at the moment, seeing new members to the forum rock up with their first post and peg us for the best place for a 35% discount on a $5K watch. Seems kinda rude to me. I don't expect to be humping around day in day out fielding questions like the one that started this thread nor do I expect the regular posters to shoulder that tiresome thankless chore either.

Thats my two cents worth. Thank you my friends for lending my your ear. I hope I haven't bent it too severely in passing my comments on the current state of things on the forum Breitling.

·
Registered
719 Posts
i couldn't have said it better my self.

Hi Guys,

I going to say a few things that have been on my mind for the last couple of weeks. Forgive me if I sound peeved, its not my intention.

The forum is for the discussion of watches, most particularly Breitling watches, their history, care, servicing, and lastly acquisition.

We like to hear about your experiences, stories, tales of woe and joy, family involvement and anything else you might care to relate in a social context.

The last thing this place is a service station counter where you crack a coke and check out where you might pick up a deal on a used tyre so you can blow on by. We like to get to know you. Share a beer and maybe have a yak about things Breitling and a lot else. If it comes up in discussion that a deal may be had so be it but I'm getting peeved, using the same adjective because it feels right at the moment, seeing new members to the forum rock up with their first post and peg us for the best place for a 35% discount on a $5K watch. Seems kinda rude to me. I don't expect to be humping around day in day out fielding questions like the one that started this thread nor do I expect the regular posters to shoulder that tiresome thankless chore either.

Thats my two cents worth. Thank you my friends for lending my your ear. I hope I haven't bent it too severely in passing my comments on the current state of things on the forum Breitling.

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
14,527 Posts
I do not live close to a Breitling AD and I need one that will give a good discount. If they still exist. Looking to add a CA next to these two. Please PM me and thanks in advance.
Hmmmmmmm... Well, I do agree with SnapIt's remarks for the most part because the forum is indeed intended to be a watch enthusiast social gathering place. That said, I see that Mr. Fagan is not new to WUS at all. Perhaps his request could have been a little less brusque, but he was indeed courteous in asking for a reference via PM and he did explain there is no nearby AD for him. Considering this, I will PM a reference to him and I hope he stays and contributes to the forum. I see no good reason to rebuff him with public "attitude adjustment" remarks when a courteous PM would suffice. I certainly appreciate SnapIt and Alan doing that for me when I stepped over the line on occasion. :-( ;-) Just MHO and two cents worth... :)
Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Ron and you are correct I am not a new member to this forum and have been here for over two years. I've actively participated not only posting, but by actually sending ref PMs to forum members requesting discount info on the Rolex and Breitling forums. We lost our Breitling AD here in Biloxi after Katrina. I see this request has obviuosly become an issue for some, therefore I withdraw my request for any and all info in this matter. Ron thanks for your PM.

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
9,151 Posts
Hello Fagan,

Biloxi you said, I'm sorry. I didn't know this a the time I composed my little rant.
I saw your post count and knew you had been around the forum for quiet a while but, as I implied, a number of similar posts had been fielded in the weeks before along very similar lines. My post, I hope, didn't come across as a direct comment on your request but as a general review about the way things have transpired recently. I hope the community you care about is some way to recovery but I know its a long and difficult road to go. I wish you all the strength you need to negotiate it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts