WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

961 - 969 of 969 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thought the post was about adding yourself on the WUS Gshockers Map - the Map froze and has an error.

For the Record - a crazy gshocker and a silent reader for 8+ years on WUS from the Deserts of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates. (Or Dubai if you know)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was on WUS around 11-12 years ago. I have come full circle.
For most of my life I’ve worn G-Shocks, starting in 1983 when I bought my first one as a 13 year old. I wore that watch for a long time, but lost it at some point. All through my teens and twenties as a framer and finish carpenter: G-Shock. Fast forward to my 30’s, and I become interested in autos and mechanicals. So I started collecting Seiko, Marathon, Hamilton, Omega, vintage pieces, others. I’ve been doing that for around 10 years now, but I’m actually sick of them. So I recently sold them all on EBay and bought myself a GW9400-1 Rangeman as my one watch to wear. I’m still waiting for delivery, but it will be here in a few days.
Here I am...back with G-Shocks after a hiatus of about 10 years, but still a life-long G-Shock fan and wearer. 👍🏻

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,405 Posts
For most of my life I’ve worn G-Shocks, starting in 1983 when I bought my first one as a 13 year old. I wore that watch for a long time, but lost it at some point. All through my teens and twenties as a framer and finish carpenter: G-Shock. Fast forward to my 30’s, and I become interested in autos and mechanicals. So I started collecting Seiko, Marathon, Hamilton, Omega, vintage pieces, others. I’ve been doing that for around 10 years now, but I’m actually sick of them. So I recently sold them all on EBay and bought myself a GW9400-1 Rangeman as my one watch to wear. I’m still waiting for delivery, but it will be here in a few days.
Here I am...back with G-Shocks after a hiatus of about 10 years, but still a life-long G-Shock fan and wearer. 👍🏻
Welcome back ;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Here I am...back with G-Shocks after a hiatus of about 10 years, but still a life-long G-Shock fan and wearer.
Awesome. I somehow managed to kill my green rangeman a few years ago. These days my favorite gshock is probably one of my two 35th anniversary Origin Gold models. When I consider how much enjoyment I get out of a 1-2 hundred dollar casio in comparison to my other watches that cost tens of times more, logic would suggest I consider making a move similar to yours. But, logic often has very little to do with this hobby so.. nah. Maybe some day I'll beat the game too.

Sent from my SM-N976N using Tapatalk

961 - 969 of 969 Posts