WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
961 - 980 of 1009 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
I was on WUS around 11-12 years ago. I have come full circle.
For most of my life I’ve worn G-Shocks, starting in 1983 when I bought my first one as a 13 year old. I wore that watch for a long time, but lost it at some point. All through my teens and twenties as a framer and finish carpenter: G-Shock. Fast forward to my 30’s, and I become interested in autos and mechanicals. So I started collecting Seiko, Marathon, Hamilton, Omega, vintage pieces, others. I’ve been doing that for around 10 years now, but I’m actually sick of them. So I recently sold them all on EBay and bought myself a GW9400-1 Rangeman as my one watch to wear. I’m still waiting for delivery, but it will be here in a few days.
Here I am...back with G-Shocks after a hiatus of about 10 years, but still a life-long G-Shock fan and wearer. 👍🏻

Attachments

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
For most of my life I've worn G-Shocks, starting in 1983 when I bought my first one as a 13 year old. I wore that watch for a long time, but lost it at some point. All through my teens and twenties as a framer and finish carpenter: G-Shock. Fast forward to my 30's, and I become interested in autos and mechanicals. So I started collecting Seiko, Marathon, Hamilton, Omega, vintage pieces, others. I've been doing that for around 10 years now, but I'm actually sick of them. So I recently sold them all on EBay and bought myself a GW9400-1 Rangeman as my one watch to wear. I'm still waiting for delivery, but it will be here in a few days.
Here I am...back with G-Shocks after a hiatus of about 10 years, but still a life-long G-Shock fan and wearer. ??
Welcome back ;)

·
Registered
260 Posts
For most of my life I've worn G-Shocks, starting in 1983 when I bought my first one as a 13 year old. I wore that watch for a long time, but lost it at some point. All through my teens and twenties as a framer and finish carpenter: G-Shock. Fast forward to my 30's, and I become interested in autos and mechanicals. So I started collecting Seiko, Marathon, Hamilton, Omega, vintage pieces, others. I've been doing that for around 10 years now, but I'm actually sick of them. So I recently sold them all on EBay and bought myself a GW9400-1 Rangeman as my one watch to wear. I'm still waiting for delivery, but it will be here in a few days.
Here I am...back with G-Shocks after a hiatus of about 10 years, but still a life-long G-Shock fan and wearer.
Awesome. I somehow managed to kill my green rangeman a few years ago. These days my favorite gshock is probably one of my two 35th anniversary Origin Gold models. When I consider how much enjoyment I get out of a 1-2 hundred dollar casio in comparison to my other watches that cost tens of times more, logic would suggest I consider making a move similar to yours. But, logic often has very little to do with this hobby so.. nah. Maybe some day I'll beat the game too.

Sent from my SM-N976N using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Casio
29 Posts
Greetings and wishing a great weekend to all of you from Malaysia. I have tried with the map but couldn't so here goes.

Please bear with me with some of my horology background. Ever since I got upset that a bike accident broke the lug of my steel bracelet Swatch back in 99, rendering it useless, and coupled with me starting to use Motorola, Nokia and Ericsson mobile phones; I have stopped wearing watches for quite a very long time. Growing up, I have just few digital and analog Casio watches up until that Swatch.

So back then in 2011, I had myself researching few posts in WUS' forums (but regretfully did not join back then) looking for pointers to buy a Malaysian made Seiko SNK809, bought one for USD 67 and started wearing watches again. WUS discussions also helped me to buy an SNZG13, another Malaysian made Seiko but bought in Tokyo back in 2014 (by then knew already watch traders might sell non JDM watches there, but the USD 193 price that my girlfriend found was cheap enough so I had her bought it nonetheless....why bother for the JDMs since Seiko watches from factories in both countries will have the same QC).

The Seiko watches were bought at retail stores but my next Casio was bought online back in 2018, a USD 106 Protrek PRG-300-1A4DR (a black ABC watch with pink hues, at stock clearance price) followed by my first G-Shock, a DW-5750E-1DR bought for just USD 48 (it was still newly reproduced vintage model and back on the market....lucky us South East Asians were always able to find genuine grey import Casio watches at very low prices; even with so many knock-offs around saturating the market) ;)

Some more, by now I have realized that I am also one of those lucky ones that besides having no allergies to the different resin bands, at the same time is able to do some maintenance such as changing batteries and shortening link bracelets on my own.

So finally after all these years of many researches on WUS in my quest to collect Casio watches (and finally registered myself a few days back), this is me putting myself on the map by signing off with this picture, wearing my first G-Shock with the background of my other Gs safely tucked in shoe boxes (total 18 blacks, 27 colors....all general models from Casio factories in Japan, Malaysia, Thailand and China); waiting for me to wear them in rotation (and at the same time waiting for a vintage AW-591-2ADR to arrive) :love:

Being an avid fan of Casio watches, these are the others currently in my collection. I wears them too but since I like G-Shock a lot, these tend to get lesser wrist time nowadays. Actually I have just unboxed an AQ-S800W-1EVDF that arrived yesterday and currently researching and contemplating to pull the trigger again, to buy just 1 of the W-217H/HMs or the B650WDs as my next purchase....even if these too will struggle to get on my wrist. Cheers :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Greetings and wishing a great weekend to all of you from Malaysia. I have tried with the map but couldn't so here goes.

Please bear with me with some of my horology background. Ever since I got upset that a bike accident broke the lug of my steel bracelet Swatch back in 99, rendering it useless, and coupled with me starting to use Motorola, Nokia and Ericsson mobile phones; I have stopped wearing watches for quite a very long time. Growing up, I have just few digital and analog Casio watches up until that Swatch.

So back then in 2011, I had myself researching few posts in WUS' forums (but regretfully did not join back then) looking for pointers to buy a Malaysian made Seiko SNK809, bought one for USD 67 and started wearing watches again. WUS discussions also helped me to buy an SNZG13, another Malaysian made Seiko but bought in Tokyo back in 2014 (by then knew already watch traders might sell non JDM watches there, but the USD 193 price that my girlfriend found was cheap enough so I had her bought it nonetheless....why bother for the JDMs since Seiko watches from factories in both countries will have the same QC).

The Seiko watches were bought at retail stores but my next Casio was bought online back in 2018, a USD 106 Protrek PRG-300-1A4DR (a black ABC watch with pink hues, at stock clearance price) followed by my first G-Shock, a DW-5750E-1DR bought for just USD 48 (it was still newly reproduced vintage model and back on the market....lucky us South East Asians were always able to find genuine grey import Casio watches at very low prices; even with so many knock-offs around saturating the market) ;)

Some more, by now I have realized that I am also one of those lucky ones that besides having no allergies to the different resin bands, at the same time is able to do some maintenance such as changing batteries and shortening link bracelets on my own.

So finally after all these years of many researches on WUS in my quest to collect Casio watches (and finally registered myself a few days back), this is me putting myself on the map by signing off with this picture, wearing my first G-Shock with the background of my other Gs safely tucked in shoe boxes (total 18 blacks, 27 colors....all general models from Casio factories in Japan, Malaysia, Thailand and China); waiting for me to wear them in rotation (and at the same time waiting for a vintage AW-591-2ADR to arrive) :love:

View attachment 15950966

View attachment 15951057

Being an avid fan of Casio watches, these are the others currently in my collection. I wears them too but since I like G-Shock a lot, these tend to get lesser wrist time nowadays. Actually I have just unboxed an AQ-S800W-1EVDF that arrived yesterday and currently researching and contemplating to pull the trigger again, to buy just 1 of the W-217H/HMs or the B650WDs as my next purchase....even if these too will struggle to get on my wrist. Cheers :)

View attachment 15950968

View attachment 15950970

View attachment 15950976
Welcome and thanks for sharing your collection. Your love for G-Shocks and Casios is very much visible.

Malaysia has a lot of Gshock enthusiasts and its one of my 2 favourite places to be for Gshocks. (JAPAN is one of them)

·
Registered
5,821 Posts

View attachment 15950966

View attachment 15951057

View attachment 15950968

View attachment 15950970

View attachment 15950976
Great collection you have, welcome to f17 :)

·
Registered
Casio
29 Posts
Thanks Gshocked_extreme and Dennis, apparently am slowing G-Shock purchase and currently stocking up on Wave Ceptors and a Timber Cruiser, plus whatever good value and in good condition vintage Casio models currently in Malaysia market, provided I like them as well easy for me to try restore; which many actually do came from Japanese thrift stores ;)

961 - 980 of 1009 Posts