WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come across a brand new Addict G shock Frogman GW-200 I was just wondering how rare these are compared with other G shocks and what they are worth?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi,

Just bought a used addict frogman for £200.

The watches where bieng sold for £250 - £300 new.

There was only 400 made so are pretty rare and collectable.

Mine came with all original packaging and receipts, so should keep its value.

How much did you pay for yours ?, what number is it ?, mine is 124/400

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine is number 182/400 i paid £250 for it, i bought it because i always wanted one only thing is i can't believe i spent that much on it now and i'm not sure what to do with it!​

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you buy it new ??

I would keep hold of it!!!

Its a cool watch and because it is a collectors item it will always keep its value.

I have seen the same watch go for £300 - £400 on ebay.

Quick question, when you press the light button on your watch, does it make a small clicking sound ?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I've come across a brand new Addict G shock Frogman GW-200 I was just wondering how rare these are compared with other G shocks and what they are worth?
Hi phathrod,

The addict frogman is exactly the same as a brazilian frogman except for the band retainer.

I have seen many addict frogmans and am quite suspicious on the ???/400. Moreover this limitation number is only printed on the box.

Lose the box, change the strap and you get a standard brazailian;-)

cheers~
SKy

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Guys,

These Addicts are real and indeed only 400 made. I think the GBP 250.- prices are very good prices, since they were sold for quiet more on the Addict site. As far as I know they are sold out quiet a long time. In Japan the Brazilian was released that had the same urban camo design. The Addict models have a special package and another band retainer. Sereph (from Ireland) also has an Addict.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Addict is still selling them on their website for 250 gbp. That over 500 usd! Way too pricey in my opinion.

edit-->It seems that they have sold out now--they still had them as of last week though. Even sent out an email announcing it.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
edit-->It seems that they have sold out now--they still had them as of last week though. Even sent out an email announcing it.
Yes i thought i saw some again after they were sold out initially.Makes it very suspicious regarding the ???/400

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes i thought i saw some again after they were sold out initially.Makes it very suspicious regarding the ???/400
I bought it from the addict website, they only had 3! they didn't realise they still had a few in stock. What was the original selling price when they were launched?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I bought it from the addict website, they only had 3! they didn't realise they still had a few in stock. What was the original selling price when they were launched?

250gbp for the "addict" version was always the price there.
The brazillian frogman was about $220us when it came out a few summers ago in japan. It quickly sold out, and slowly, demand for it began to raise it's price to ~$350us now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts