WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

I recently got my first Omega, and the bracelet size was a bit big. So I took it to the jeweler I know well, and he took out the small half size link to make it a bit tighter.

But now its a tad too tight.

Unlike some of my other watches, there is no self asjustment on the clasp ( the few holes lined up in a row ) so I dont know what to do ?

Any ideas on how to make it a bit looser, without adding that half link back ?

thanks

Craig

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Hi All.

I recently got my first Omega, and the bracelet size was a bit big. So I took it to the jeweler I know well, and he took out the small half size link to make it a bit tighter.

But now its a tad too tight.

Unlike some of my other watches, there is no self asjustment on the clasp ( the few holes lined up in a row ) so I dont know what to do ?

Any ideas on how to make it a bit looser, without adding that half link back ?

thanks

Craig

i'm not sure about this particular bracelet but on mine the 1/2 link is actually a 2/5 link. this means you can use multple half links to get a better adjustment. if this is true for you. take out a full link and put two half links in it's place that way you'll have shortend the bracelet by 1/5 of a link instead of 2/5 of a link. also, your bracet is currently too one sides. even out the links by moving a full link to the other side first. that may be enough to do the trick as the strap will fit the wrist better and may slacken a little as a result.

·
Registered
767 Posts
..your bracelet is currently too one sides. even out the links by moving a full link to the other side first. that may be enough to do the trick as the strap will fit the wrist better and may slacken a little as a result.
I think nsc is onto something here; could be that the asymmetry of the bracelet is not conforming properly to your wrist. Who did the original sizing? If a pro, they should damn well know better than to give it to you like that. Usually a bracelet fits better if there is some asymmetry -- but not as much as your pic shows.

I'm a strap guy, all my watches are on straps except the Seamaster because it is such a terrific bracelet -- looks fantastic, brilliant clasp design, not a hair puller, wears well under a long sleeved business shirt, etc. But in usual Omega fashion, they almost got it right; why is there no micro-adjustment on the clasp? Did it add $5 to the cost, or something?

You might also want to invest in some tools after checking out Keith Downing's article on Resizing an Omega watch bracelet.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, , I think I will go back and get it more symetrical, so maybe it sits a bit better.

Craig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts