WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

the WUS server suffered a major malfunction of unknown cause on 8 February which affected also the backup files. It may take another week before we know whether the lost data can be restored.

Ernie has communicated the following:

Dear all,

(...) It will take at least till the end of next week before I know if the disk can be repaired and after that if the data (database) can be recovered.

In the meantime I've decided to move forward and get the older fora to work again: https://www.watchuseek.com/index.php. (...)

I hope it will only be temporary and we will have our good old fora back soon. If we are lucky then the old data will overwrite the current ones. Therefore, please store any message you want to keep for future reference on your harddisk. If we will not be lucky then we will need to take it from here and make it a success again.

Please help me get things started again, spread the news, re-register your account (if it ain't there anymore) ...

Best regards,

Ernie
Sorry that I don't have any better news at this time.

Let's get this game rolling again guys - we will not be defeated by virus, hacker or whatever malfunction is at the root of this!!

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Hey guys, great to be back!! :-!

Do you remember that Simpson's episode where they banned TV and the kids went outside and discovered the world (riding bikes, climbing trees, sports) it was like they came out of a cave to the bright sunlight......well, when the meltdown occured, it was not that way for me...I sat and sulked, wouldn't talk to anyone, left the curtains closed and waited...waited...waited. I'm really happy things are sort of back to normal. I can use the money I would have spent on therapy for another Sinn...maybe an EZM 3

Let's just forget this ever happened, my ex-girlfriend always said "repressing memories is healthy"

cheers,
Tim

·
Banned
373 Posts
Crusader said:
the WUS server suffered a major malfunction of unknown cause on 8 February which affected also the backup files.
GAH! Was the backup located on the same host/storage as the forum?

... no comment. O|

Anyway. Nice to see the forum coming back, but as it seems one has to re-register, this will be a serious setback.

One of the first Leisure Suit Larry games had a nice line when you died, going: "Save early, save often". That having said, external data storage like tapes, DVD, and even Firewire/USB disks is not _that_ expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts