WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wondered if anyone else has had an issue of being in a work or social meeting with others ----you start to take more than a single peek at your watch in admiration-----and others misinterpret this as being bored, wanting to leave.... and then get a bit disgusted.....

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Nope, I tend to eyeball other people's watches trying to identify what they are.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I just wondered if anyone else has had an issue of being in a work or social meeting with others ----you start to take more than a single peek at your watch in admiration-----and others misinterpret this as being bored, wanting to leave.... and then get a bit disgusted.....
Delete

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Haha yeah, I do that sometimes. I try not to, in vain. Lol

Best thing to do is to set meetings with other watch nuts and relegate the non-watch guys to email. Hahahaha

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
144 Posts
No one else wears watches of any kind where I work. Everyone is always playing with their smart phones during meetings.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think playing with the smart phone is a bit more acceptable... LOL
I also try to identify other folks watches if they are wearing one.. Then you have to be careful you are not starring at them

·
Registered
63 Posts
All the time.. "I saw you were really bored since you were staring at your watch the whole time". When in reality I was just admiring the smoothness of the automatic second hand sweep.

·
Premium Member
39,726 Posts
Guilty. It especially happens with a new watch, a new strap combo or when the light catches it in a new and interesting way.

Best thing to do is have your arm across some notes on the table in front of you. People will assume you are looking at them instead of your watch.

My wife catches me often though when I'm being less subtle, and just gives a chuckle.
(Edit: please note that I don't actually hold meetings with the wife)

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
Yes, I most certainly have this issue. But I'm also usually bored and want to leave.

·
Banned
124 Posts
It's not really the same as staring at a busty woman's cleavage or staring out a window with glazed eyes. C'mon! It's just a glance at a watch.

·
Registered
734 Posts
What gets people's attention is to stare at your watch and suddenly blurt out, "Oh no!"

John

Reactions: Otto Phan

·
Registered
53 Posts
During meetings I cought myself trying to identify my boss' IWC and Tag.

And I didn't wear a watch to the first few dates with my current gf, too afraid I'd give the wrong impression by accidently looking at my watch. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Worst. I even took out my watch and wind it while playing with it.

Of course - they were talking about something to each other. I was just there "listening"

·
Premium Member
14,316 Posts
guilty as charged. I have stared, removed smudges, stared some more during meetings and guess what, I am ok with it b-)
My advice make the meeting more challenging and you will find yourself staring less :roll:

·
Premium Member
39,726 Posts
What's worse is admiring someone else's watch on WUS during a meeting

1 - 20 of 44 Posts