Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I own a rolex datejust and an explorer.
I'm in need of a dress watch and I want to buy a submariner after.
But I'm afraid I won't give any of them enough wrist time.
How would you rotate between them?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I will only be placed on the subs waiting list if I buy a Reverso.
That's a very expensive waitlist.

but if your gonna get the sub either way and want a dress watch you can kill 2 birds with one stone, assuming you have the funds.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Use the DJ as a dress watch and buy the Sub now. Three watches is plenty, especially those three. Good luck!
Kind of my thought also, but I'm sure there are people here who wear 3 different watches a week.

As for the OP, the Rolex is a fine dress watch, imo.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's a very expensive waitlist.

but if your gonna get the sub either way and want a dress watch you can kill 2 birds with one stone, assuming you have the funds.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Yeah, that's my idea. I get one of the best and most iconic dress watches as well as a diver

·
Registered
241 Posts
I currently am coming up on 9 watches and I have been rotating weekly but how I have decided to wear two for the week ( rotate every other day ) this will give my pieces more wrist time..you may try that.

·
Registered
171 Posts
xD
It's not like that. I have to build a good profissional relationship with them so I can get the nicer pieces
There have been stories about that kind of thing in the ultra high end car market. Just because you have enough money and already own a Lamborghini doesn't mean you'll have the option of buying the next model that comes out, especially if it's a limited production model. I find that just silly but it's what they do.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I will only be placed on the subs waiting list if I buy a Reverso.
I truly hate this. It’s a totally crass practise.

Maybe it’s the contrarian in me, but there is no way I would want a watch that came into my possession by a form of coercion and extortion. Every time I looked at my wrist I would feel like a sucker, no matter how much I liked it.

I’m with Longjean, buy the Reverso (great watch), but not from the AD trying to shake you down like this, and stuff the Rolex.

Rolex need to stamp this crap out. It will do damage to their brand goodwill in the long term even if it’s pumps up AD profits short term.

·
Registered
589 Posts
O.k. here's my 2 cents: If the AD forced you to buy "crap" then it's bad extortion and you should run away. But, as everyone has said, the Reverso is a great watch. So, buy it and get on the list for the Rolex Sub that you want. You will have 4 awesome watches. Wear them in good health and be happy. They will all have enough wrist time...don't worry.
As an aside, I don't understand why buying the DJ and the Explorer wasn't ENOUGH "building up a good professional relationship" with the AD, but I'm guessing you bought those elsewhere.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Hello.
I own a rolex datejust and an explorer.
I'm in need of a dress watch and I want to buy a submariner after.
But I'm afraid I won't give any of them enough wrist time.
How would you rotate between them?
Wow, that's just gotta suck, I don't know if I could carry on. I mean, date just AND and explorer, a dress watch and THEN a sub...wherever will you find the time to rotate

·
Registered
526 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
O.k. here's my 2 cents: If the AD forced you to buy "crap" then it's bad extortion and you should run away. But, as everyone has said, the Reverso is a great watch. So, buy it and get on the list for the Rolex Sub that you want. You will have 4 awesome watches. Wear them in good health and be happy. They will all have enough wrist time...don't worry.
As an aside, I don't understand why buying the DJ and the Explorer wasn't ENOUGH "building up a good professional relationship" with the AD, but I'm guessing you bought those elsewhere.
No. I've bought them in that AD.
How would you rotate between these 4?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.