WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
good morning gang. I need some advice.

As I’m narrowing down my next watch purchase, I was thinking about a white Seamaster 300 M or a blue seamaster 300 heritage.

For reference, I have several other watches, but lately I most often wear my speedmaster (#1 in rotation), doxa 300T professional, or my Panerai 915.

what might crowd those out for wrist time? What do you think? Advice how to think about the choice?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'd say the white SMP but I'm biased since I'm wearing mine today. It's a heafty/chunky watch but not outrageously so. I just finished wearing a new (to me) 2531.80 for a week and there is a noticeable difference between the two.
I don't have any experience with the blue 300. The fauxish lume has always turned me off somewhat but I've been coming around on that. I like the harkening back to older models.
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

2531.80 from last week:
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

Side by side:
Watch Analog watch White Product Blue

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
I think it comes down to whether you want a modern look (white 300) or a vintage (heritage 300).

Personally I would choose the blue heritage 300 because I like that blue, the broad arrow hand, and the bezel.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'd say the white SMP but I'm biased since I'm wearing mine today. It's a heafty/chunky watch but not outrageously so. I just finished wearing a new (to me) 2531.80 for a week and there is a noticeable difference between the two.
I don't have any experience with the blue 300. The fauxish lume has always turned me off somewhat but I've been coming around on that. I like the harkening back to older models.
View attachment 16657883

2531.80 from last week:
View attachment 16657886

Side by side:
View attachment 16657889
which version would you say you prefer?

·
Registered
192 Posts
which version would you say you prefer?
Between the current and the 2531? I'll hedge and say, "it depends". I haven't had enough time to make a definite call. I like the advances of the modern version, but the 2531 has a certain charm and is definitely more compact, especially when it comes to the thickness (11.8mm vs. 13.8mm by my measurements). I'd also say that the older Bond bracelet is a little more comfortable (flexible), but that really comes down to individual preference.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
I think the white SMP 300M looks better. The SMP can look good on leather, rubber or a bracelet. The heritage is more limited because the blue dial does not go with everything and the case style does not go good with everything. The heritage would not look as good on rubber and it could not handle the thicker leather straps.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
[…]
a white Seamaster 300 M or a blue seamaster 300 heritage.
[…]
What do you think?
Since you ask:
I think the white dial doesn't match the Seamaster, plus the hands on the entire SMPc line are clearly too short.
So the SMPc – regardless of the dial color – is completely out of the running for me.
… but the Seamaster 300 Heritage doesn't knock my socks off either. Here, the hand length fits, but the whole watch seems somehow colorless to me – even the colorful ones. In addition, the list price of 6,400.00 Euro for the watch with leather strap, or 6,700.00 Euro for the watch with steel bracelet is completely exaggerated.

If I were in your shoes, I would probably look for one of the old Seamaster models with the sword hands, but more likely I would buy a more interesting watch from another manufacturer for the money.

Probably my contribution will not cause any enthusiasm here, but: You asked. ;)

Reactions: WatchThinker

·
Registered
331 Posts
Difficult choice. I guess both could fit in your collection. It should be a matter on deciding if you want a vintage of modern styled watch and if you want a date or not. Since you have two watches that are more on the classic side (the Panerai and Speedy) I would probably opt for the 300M.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Both are excellent watches, so there is no downside if you choose one over the other. I owned a white Diver 300M, never bonded with it, and after a year I traded it for a blue Diver 300M. I'm far happier now. The Aged Radium lume of the Seamaster 300 (Honestly Omega, you need to do something about these confusing watch names!) is something that I don't particularly care for so my personal choice would be neither.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

The SMP is the more impressive technical package and a better value. Don't get me wrong the 300 is am excellent watch as well, but the SMP is so so nice.

Reactions: BSD_1972
1 - 20 of 59 Posts