WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
I’m not sure I noticed anybody address the heritage Seamaster here. I agree with those who have said the Omega naming can be confusing so I usually go by the official Omega website model name and reference to be sure.

The Speedmaster 300 Heritage (Ref. 234.30.41.21.03.001) is a homage to their vintage CK2913 which is a classic. If you don’t want to buy a very old watch for one reason or another, modern re-editions or homages are the way to go. The sandwich dial is a very cool feature but I haven’t seen one in person yet.
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Clock Watch accessory

I had a pre-owned 300M 2531.80 for several months and just didn’t Bond(!) with it, but I knew I wanted a newer version of the Seamaster. I somewhat recently bought a white Diver 300M Ref 210.30.42.20.04.001 and sold the blue. Both are great watches but I just wasn’t totally in love with the 2531.80 (and the bracelet adjustment by full or half link only).
Watch Analog watch Product Clock Material property

I don’t think you can wrong either way, but are you more of a vintage or modern diver kind of person? I’d suggest trying both on at an AD, but make sure you can view it without being under the strategically placed “sales-friendly” lighting that makes it look perfect. You want to see it in different lighting conditions if possible, because it may take on a different look than under the bright lights.

You don’t want to bring home a two-face: Face Head Chin Eyebrow Organ

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
good morning gang. I need some advice.

As I’m narrowing down my next watch purchase, I was thinking about a white Seamaster 300 M or a blue seamaster 300 heritage.

For reference, I have several other watches, but lately I most often wear my speedmaster (#1 in rotation), doxa 300T professional, or my Panerai 915.

what might crowd those out for wrist time? What do you think? Advice how to think about the choice?
Blue heritage for me...all day any day.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I may be an outlier, but would go with the heritage, in spite of my love for white dials.

Why, you ask?
  • No date, cleaner look
  • Unique sandwich dial
  • The slimmer dive bezel is nicer looking to my eye
  • Lack of crown guards
  • Prefer the more classic (closer to oyster) style bracelet vs. the Bond

And I think you mean this, vs. the older Seamaster Bond that some folks are showing, correct?
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Watch accessory Clock

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
So I too was recently faced with this same dilemma. Tried both on:

Watch Hand Analog watch Arm Gesture
Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Watch accessory

It was a very difficult decision because I liked both, but wasn't going to obviously buy both.

After much consideration, the choice became immediately obvious to me. I decided to go with
This:

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Rectangle

Just waiting for one to arrive at the store now.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
White is my choice. You need to ask yourself if you want a modern Seamaster or and older one.

Watch Analog watch Clock Silver Material property

Reactions: Brent L. Miller

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
White SMP for me. The longer I look at them the harder it is to not snag one.
See, for me, I like it a lot; however, I have the Polar Exp II, and it's my favorite watch in my collection. So I ask myself, 'would I ever wear it past the honeymoon stage?'

And then I don't buy it even when I can get it new from an AD for $3500.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Do you want old school (heritage) or modern (white SMP)? My vote is for the white SMP. I'm not a fan of fauxtina lume or numerals on the dial (my preference is for indices). But who cares what I like - go try them on until one whispers in your ear "I am the one. . . " If neither does, go try on some other watches.

·
Registered
43 Posts
See, for me, I like it a lot; however, I have the Polar Exp II, and it's my favorite watch in my collection. So I ask myself, 'would I ever wear it past the honeymoon stage?'

And then I don't buy it even when I can get it new from an AD for $3500.
Gotcha, yeah the "new shiny" syndrome has a lot of pull mentally.

I would have a really hard time not getting one if I found it for $3500 though. But that's just me.

Reactions: JLittle

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have the black Heritage and white 300m.
The Heritage is on another level, IMO.
Were it my dilemma, I'd score the blue Heritage now and pick up the white 300m preowned later on. If it could be only one, the Heritage.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The heritage has an aluminum bezel. That, alone, is a deal-breaker for me, especially on a $6k watch.

That said, go play with the white SMP300 in person. At times it looks great in pictures, but when I stopped by the OB to handle one I was sorely unimpressed--even put off--but how it presented. I much, MUCH prefer the black model, and then the blue after that. And then I've always passionately hated the current SMP300 bracelet and wish they'd go back a couple of generations.

My solution was to just get the PO8900.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts