WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
So I too was recently faced with this same dilemma. Tried both on:

View attachment 16658976 View attachment 16658975

It was a very difficult decision because I liked both, but wasn't going to obviously buy both.

After much consideration, the choice became immediately obvious to me. I decided to go with
This:

View attachment 16658977

Just waiting for one to arrive at the store now.

it's funny.
we enter a shop with an idea in mind and we come out with another model. I've been through this and it's fun.

luckily we don't do that for restaurants. you imagine !! walk into a Chinese and order a couscous :giggle: ;)

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
So I too was recently faced with this same dilemma. Tried both on:

View attachment 16658976 View attachment 16658975

It was a very difficult decision because I liked both, but wasn't going to obviously buy both.

After much consideration, the choice became immediately obvious to me. I decided to go with
This:

View attachment 16658977

Just waiting for one to arrive at the store now.
I frakin' LOVE stories like this. Goes to show how crazy this hobby is and we all know it but still....look at that beauty!!!!

In the end....that's all that matters....well done!

P.S., all of them are just great watches.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I frakin' LOVE stories like this. Goes to show how crazy this hobby is and we all know it but still....look at that beauty!!!!

In the end....that's all that matters....well done!

P.S., all of them are just great watches.
They are indeed all great watches. In the end, the heart wants what the heart wants. With that Green SMP (Hulkling?) Joining my Starbucks, I'm on the verge of potentially adding a green dial IWC Pilot or a Green dial Oris Aquis date caliber 400 (to stay in the dive watch theme) just to have a 3-watch roll green collection. I have also considered the new JLC green Polaris, but that's a much pricier commitment than my other 2 options...

Of note, however, the Bronze Gold 300 heritage was surprisingly more beautiful in person than I anticipated.

If anyone on here goes back to the Omega Boutique anytime soon, I'd encourage some hands-on time with that one and see if it doesn't grow on you. Probably among their more classy pieces right now IMO.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
These are quite different watches. Have you been able to try them both on? Did one stand out more to you on the wrist?
The Doxa and Panerai ranges generally have a vintage vibe to them (my opinion) so as others have said it may come down to modern vs vintage appearance.
Good luck and let us know the outcome.
Nigel

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
I do like the heritage piece stylistically, however the thing is too BLING - way too much shiny high polish for a sports watch - so of the two the white smp 300
- another poster complained about poor readability of open frame sword hands - however on white dial model, the black hands are uber contrasty
Watch Hand Analog watch Arm Clock

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I hugely dislike the white, because to my ageing eyes, there isn’t enough contrast between the markers and the dial. The heritage is much easier to read for me. If you have better eyesight than me, it’s anyone’s choice.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I do like the heritage piece stylistically, however the thing is too BLING - way too much shiny high polish for a sports watch - so of the two the white smp 300
- another poster complained about poor readability of open frame sword hands - however on white dial model, the black hands are uber contrasty
View attachment 16659985
View attachment 16659987
Liking the strap on that, very appropriate.

Reactions: Simon

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
I'd say the white SMP but I'm biased since I'm wearing mine today. It's a heafty/chunky watch but not outrageously so. I just finished wearing a new (to me) 2531.80 for a week and there is a noticeable difference between the two.
I don't have any experience with the blue 300. The fauxish lume has always turned me off somewhat but I've been coming around on that. I like the harkening back to older models.
View attachment 16657883

2531.80 from last week:
View attachment 16657886

Side by side:
View attachment 16657889
Tough choice. White definitely pops

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Very difficult choice, but for me it simply comes down to comfort. As much as I like the heritage model aesthetic, the 300M (specifically on rubber) feels and sits the best on wrist for me.
Yeah, I just got the rubber strap with deployant clasp for the 300M. It's fantastic!

While the strap looks almost exactly like the rubber strap we can buy the watch on, it's actually different due to smaller holes to work with the deployant clasp. I wish Omega sold the watch in this configuration, or at least advertised the strap and deployant clasp on their website. I stumbled across it on youtube but had to call a boutique to ask about it and then get it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
good morning gang. I need some advice.

As I’m narrowing down my next watch purchase, I was thinking about a white Seamaster 300 M or a blue seamaster 300 heritage.

For reference, I have several other watches, but lately I most often wear my speedmaster (#1 in rotation), doxa 300T professional, or my Panerai 915.

what might crowd those out for wrist time? What do you think? Advice how to think about the choice?
Given the other watches….white for sure

·
Premium Member
9,348 Posts
good morning gang. I need some advice.

As I’m narrowing down my next watch purchase, I was thinking about a white Seamaster 300 M or a blue seamaster 300 heritage.

For reference, I have several other watches, but lately I most often wear my speedmaster (#1 in rotation), doxa 300T professional, or my Panerai 915.

what might crowd those out for wrist time? What do you think? Advice how to think about the choice?
I owned both. No longer own either, although they’re very well made watches. If I had to pick, I’d go with the white dial/black bezel.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I would go with the SMP300, but that's because the heritage violates two of my fundamental principles with its PCLs and lack of ceramic bezel.

That said, PERSONALLY, I don't care for the white dial SMP300, or to be honest the SMP300 in general. I wanted to love the watch, I really did. I love the bezel, the wave pattern, the glossy dial and the way it shines. I wanted to stop hating the bracelet and its lack of taper. I went to the Omega boutique to play with a couple of models. The SA showed me the white dial, and I thought it looked and felt cheap. The blue was intriguing, but still more of a novelty. The black could be a very doable daily. But in the end, I couldn't stand that new bracelet and how light (and ugly) it was.

And then the SA handed me a PO8900. Talk about night and day. It fit me like a glove, hit every right note and just felt right. Heavier, manlier, gorgeous under the light. No problems at all on my 7" wrist. I knew right there it would be my next watch, but my issue was that I'd just paid for my wife's Rolex and was on the waitlist for my 126610ln and promised it would arrive within the next six months, so I wasn't in the position to drop that kind of cash.

Don't get me wrong, because I know myself and I'm still in the market for a nice blue diver--I'll most likely end up purchasing a SMP300 at some point in the future and just forcing myself to tolerate the bracelet. But do yourself a favor and try on the PO before making a decision. If your wrist can pull it off, it's just far and away a better watch than the SMP.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Looks like OP went with the white SMP. Congrats!
Personally I am for the blue heritage, though I am biased.

I personally have never been a fan of the SMP. I have never liked the HEV and the dodecagonal bezel shape. But this is solely personal preference.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Looks like OP went with the white SMP. Congrats!
Personally I am for the blue heritage, though I am biased.

I personally have never been a fan of the SMP. I have never liked the HEV and the dodecagonal bezel shape. But this is solely personal preference.
Both models are gorgeous and different enough from each other. But wow your blue is mesmerizing!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was and am going through a similar picking choice situation. Though I kidna dropped the 300m diver from the top two competing choices. Maybe I should reconsider but mainly now looking at the 300 heritage black and the moonwatch pro hesalite. Not to piggy back off your thread but besides from commenting, any body with knowledge of both watches is always appreciated.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts