WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am shopping around for a birthday present, and because it is a round number birthday, I was hoping to get something special like a new watch.

I have been eying the Ball line for a little while, and I would be curious to hear the group's opinion on the pros / cons of my possible choices for a first Ball watch.

Based on my taste I would have to say that the Engineer II Arabic, the Engineer Master II Moonglow and the 40mm Fireman would be my top choices.

Any thoughts?

Ram

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi doc--as a long time watch fancier/collector, I always tell people to buy what they like to look at and could wear everyday---you'll be the one wearing the watch so you need to have that one that really "speaks to you". Letting others choose or sway your feelings on a particular watch based on their personal preferences is not the way to buy a watch--please take that personal experience to the bank! Whatever YOU choose will be the right choice! Alll Ball watches are exceptional--you can't go wrong. Have fun shopping!! :)

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Ball Watch is a great choice. I find them well made, highly accurate, and undervalued at retail as watches go.

Wih the line, you can hardly go wrong. Everything from dress to complete adventure, from the Cleveland Express to the Mad Cow.

I like everything you have suggested, but which speaks to you? Try to take a look at the whole line, be it online or in person and see what happens.

I never thought my first Ball Watch would be the Moonphase. But I'm glad it is! Trust your instincts and good luck!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Hi Ram,

Welcome to the Ball Watch Company Forum! :-!

Imho, Ball makes beautiful watches that offer amazing quality for the money.

But, in order to fully appreciate them, and to give one of their fine models a chance to "speak" to you, you really owe it to yourself to find your local authorized dealer and pay a visit. You need to be able to see these watches in person, to touch, handle, and play with them. Try them on your wrist to see how they look, fit, and feel on. Most importantly, see which model you find yourself going back to, again and again...which one keeps catching your eye...which one speaks, calls, or sings to you...

...that will be the one. :-!

Good luck and please keep us posted. I also hope that you'll visit often, and hang out with us! ;-)

·
Banned
1,600 Posts
Welcome aboard the Ball Express Ram... they are great watches and I just got my second. I agree with they guys here about goin with the one that 'calls' to you - but since you asked, of the three you mentioned, I like the Moonglow the best. But whichever one you choose, you cant go wrong... |>

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I'll ditto what everyone said about getting what moves you.

That being said, of the three that you listed, I would recommend the Moonglow. At 40mm, it's bigger than the 38mm Engineer II Arabic. As one of Ball's EMII models, the Moonglow is antimagnetic, unlike the Fireman line. It also is T100 rated (I think it's actually a T65 watch), while the Fireman is T25 (I don't know what the Arabic is rated).

...Plus the Moonglow just looks so cool, especially in the dark!

Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts