WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it has been almos a month since I aquired my Pelagos. I love it! I thought that after I got this watch, I would want to go for something more dressy, like a IWC Portofino or something like that. It seems as though I have a case of the "Diver Watch Fever" and now I am ready to pull the trigger on another Diver. Here is my question for you all - I am looking to spend about $1500 or less and the following items have caught my eye -

Oris Aquis
Seiko MM
Aquadive BS 100

Being that I can find all of them used for $1500 or less (sometimes substantially less) I figure that I am golden. The only watch that I have actually seen in person is the Aquis and I did like it. I was hoping you could provide me with insight on the others, or suggest something that I may be missing.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I'd go with the Aquadive. I've been wanting one of those for a long time - they're apparently amazingly well built - and the watch of choice for a lot of professional divers (particularly, it seems in the marine archaeology field...

https://www.watchuseek.com/f459/aquadive-lost-ships-henry-morgan-project-744626.html

If you want something a little less contemporary, why not buy one of the refurbished dive watches that Aquadive sells (for a pretty decent price, too). The Aquadive 77 is really cool - especially with the vintage movement.

AQUADIVE NOS Model 77 (December 2012), is based on the iconic 70s design model, the 1977 AQUADIVE MARITIME

NOS_model_77.png

Or the NOS model from the 60s (which they caution, probably shouldn't be used for diving, given its age)

NOS_Diver_Small_2.png

Reactions: metalgear

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One would think..however, the only one I really wear is the Pelagos. The Technomatines were just fill-ins I bought when the kids were younger and funds were VERY tight. The Tag was bought for me, and I do not really care for it. The SMP is now on the wrist of my son. Besides, I just like the look and functionality and versatility of divers. I am so rarely in a position to wear a dressier watch that it seems silly to spend the $$ on something that may only get used once per year. The new one I pick will go into rotation with the Pelagos..

·
Registered
768 Posts
yes aquadive - give the little guys a boost, and the big guys something to think about. after all this current trend of divers started with the rise of the diver - microbrands.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
That Seiko MM is a beast but I don't think it can beat the Oris in terms of quality/price which I've seen as low as $800 for a new one.

·
Registered
30,701 Posts
That Seiko MM is a beast but I don't think it can beat the Oris in terms of quality/price
Oris is a beast itself, if on a ss bracelet, but the finish is very nice and (almost) as good of lume as the Seiko.

Both are nice.

·
Premium Member
63,991 Posts
No two ways about it - get the Aquis. Good though the lume is (and it is good) the Seiko lume is a little better.

·
Banned
1,504 Posts
One of the dentists that teaches at school today was wearing an Aquis. Before today I would have said to get the Marinemaster, but I think I'll go with the Aquis now.

Ask me again tomorrow, I may change my mind.

marine.jpg
oris aquis.JPG
(borrowed pics from google)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts