WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. I have been a fan of these forums for quite some time now and have finally decided to quit being lazy and sign up to actually post. Anyway, I am in the market for a new watch and was wondering if anybody has some ideas for me. A few things first: I want the watch to be from a brand that I don't currently own (see my sig below to see my collection), I want something that is in a price range under $400, I prefer metal bracelets but leather is fine if it is black, and I want something that is maybe from a less 'popular' brand, so not really looking for a Citizen, Seiko, or anything like that at the moment. I'm a bit picky, what can I say? Any ideas are welcome, though, and would love any feedback. Thanks!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Steinhardt?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Hmmm you won't get an ultra exclusive boutique brand at that price point, what's your definition of a "popular brand?" Brands like Victorinox, Tissot, and Hamilton offer a good value at that price point and aren't in your list, but they do make a lot of watches. Less common would be Deep Blue, Marathon, Sea-Gull, and Vostok. The last two don't make very good bracelets, though. Quartz or mechanical?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
My top recommendations: Maratac Pilot, Bernhardt Binnacle, Obris Morgan Explorer

Other options: Smiths Everest, Hager Commando, Sea Gull Dragon King (not personally familiar with the brand/model, but highly recommended by other forum members)
Momentum M50 (if you don't mind quartz)
Deep Blue Sun Diver (if you like big watches)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Look at G. Gerlach's stuff. You have to do some conversion from zlaty to usd, but I paid under $400 for my Otago, shipping included. I don't believe the price range breaks $400 unless you order a metal bracelet or something else extra with a watch.

gerlach.org.pl

The RWD sub seconds is worming its way up my wish list.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Hamilton, Tissot, Seagull

pick one :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts