WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Advice: from Singapore to Canada (Monster)

Hi all,

I just bought a couple of watches form ebay. The seller (as per my earlier post) is in Singapore. I'm confused as to which way to ask him to ship them to me. There is either Fedex or Registered Parcel. Is there any advantage of going with one of them than the other?

I heard that Fedex will charge a hefty brokerage fee and that might not be the case with Canada Post where I just might end up paying the GST+PST (13.5% of value).

Please advice.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I have heard as well that using fedex means definate customs fees as well where as Canada Post if you have it marked as a gift it should go through without! can it go EMS? It goes through Canada Post and I got my shipment from HK in 5 days!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Re: Advice: from Singapore to Canada (Monster)

I've received parcels from Asia (Hong Kong) via EMS post (once in Canada, you track through Canadapost). I've had no problems with this method. When I've paid Customs, it's just GST and PST.

wemedge

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I opted for Fedex as I have had a couple of bad experiences with registered post. The seller agreed to declare the watch at less than 50% of what I paid.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
i am in singapore and normally ship overseas via registered airmail. yes, it does take a bit longer. my buyers so far do not complain to me about taxes or shipping time.

i'd ship once before to canada via similar method without any problems.|>

in fact ironically, the times when i faced anxiety was when i ship by UPS (customes held up):-| and Speedpost (parcel opened up for inspection and had to re-describe the inaccurately described article).:-s

my registered airmail always ok, so far :-!

However, ensure the seller packs properly and declare accurately. my practice i normally declare 50% actual selling price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts