WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am thinking of buying a double eagle chrono... I couldnt find it in the shops and never tried it before. I found one on ebay. I am asking about its size, is it bigger than the Rolex submariner 16610? I also tried the omega PO and found it too big for me..
Any advice?

·
Moderator Omega Forum
2,731 Posts
Yup, no offence but don't buy it, if you're going to spend that kind of cash on a new Omega, do yourself a favour, and buy one that's not horrible, Planet Ocean, Aqua Terra, the list is endless...

Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,604 Posts
Yup, no offence but don't buy it, if you're going to spend that kind of cash on a new Omega, do yourself a favour, and buy one that's not horrible, Planet Ocean, Aqua Terra, the list is endless...

Sean
Wow, you say "no offence" but I can't help but think that would offend the OP. The OP clearly likes the Double Eagle.

I seem to remember you telling me "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". Very interesting. I guess if someone doesn't like serious watches with "007" and movie titles all over them, it is a different story, huh?

And BTW, OP considered the PO and says it is too big for him.

https://www.watchuseek.com/f20/007-limited-edition-watches-one-go-474137-2.html#post3492802

Anyway, back to the OP. The Double Eagle is something you don't see everyday, which adds to the coolness. If I had to have a Connie, that would be it (aside from vintage piepans), so good on you! It is a 41mm watch, so it is 1mm bigger than the Sub but 1mm smaller than the 42mm PO. The PO's size is accentuated by its thickness, making it more top-heavy. The Double Eagle would not be as thick as the PO, so I think you are good there.

But nothing beats trying it on. Once you try it on, you will see if it is right for you. The size might not be the issue -- you just might not like it on your wrist as much as you like it in photos!

Good luck khalil! ;)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
watches are very personal man jewelry, so find one and try it on then you will know
I agree with sappie66 we don't all have the same tastes so it was a bit harsh of a statement

·
Premium Member
10,604 Posts
I just found out that a friend of mine has a Double Eagle Chrono in 18k with rubber strap. It is a very striking watch. Don't think I would get one for myself (only because there are other watches I want more), but I can definitely see the appeal.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hey, Khalil. Agree with Sappie66. If at all possible, try one on. Tastes and thoughts can change dramatically in the metal. Good luck. ... Deldog

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
Huh! I rather like mine. ;-) However the bracelet is an issue worth considering as it looks great but isn't that comfortable.

·
Moderator Omega Forum
2,731 Posts
Huh! I rather like mine. ;-) However the bracelet is an issue worth considering as it looks great but isn't that comfortable.
M4tt I can't even remember posting that, and it's certainly not the sort of thing I'd usually post, bizarrely i did the same thing over on the Rolex forum about some gold diamond encrusted datejust at the same time.
I couldn't decide whether to apologise or just skulk away in shame, obviously I'd opted for skulking....

Sean.

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
M4tt I can't even remember posting that, and it's certainly not the sort of thing I'd usually post, bizarrely i did the same thing over on the Rolex forum about some gold diamond encrusted datejust at the same time.
I couldn't decide whether to apologise or just skulk away in shame, obviously I'd opted for skulking....

Sean.
I wouldn't worry, I like it, but I can see that it is a 'marmite' sort of watch.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
don't we hate it when our evil twin posts things like this
about the diamond encrusted Datejust, a friend has one and to be kind,, not my style

·
Moderator Omega Forum
2,731 Posts
don't we hate it when our evil twin posts things like this
about the diamond encrusted Datejust, a friend has one and to be kind,, not my style
Unfortunately my evil twin has a name, it's Bollinger, if only the iPhone could incorporate some sort of breathalyser to prevent any drunken posts/texts/emails... ;-)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a few Constellations including a SS Double Eagle and 18K/SS Double Eagle. I am not sure whether I like them or not, and as an investment I am confused as to why they sell so cheaply. Does anyone have any comments on this?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
it an acquire taste for the constellation range. It is a dressy watch and IMO, I cant bring myself to own one even though it is the Omega best seller in my region here. The chrono might just do it with the 42mm size, but it will elevate the blingness/ dressiness of the watch even further.

I have no prob with the wife owning these though.

cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts