WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have been researching the limited edition BAPE G-Shocks and, thanks to your website, I have discovered that almost all the watches circulating are fake. My question is as follows...

I originally wished to buy one of these watches for purely aesthetic reasons. I think they look very cool and wanted one as a fashion accessory as much as anything else. Were I to buy a fake one, besides the small differences in design and workmanship, would it be a complete waste of money? Would it tell the time? Or would it fall apart immediately?

Any advice from people who have mistakenly bought fake ones, I believe there are some members of this board who have done so, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all

Sam x

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Somebody bought one recently and found it had no water resistance. Which makes it a complete waste of money, I think.

And many people would say we shouldn't support the work of criminals... ;-)

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
From what I've heard, there's a good chance it would fall apart or die at the sight of moisture. I also wouldn't buy one as it helps the criminals who sell them. Is it just the Bape logo you're after, because there are some nice and affordable colored G-Shocks that are the same models as the Bapes. There are also many very fashionable non Bape G's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just want a nice white G-Shock really... and water resistance is pretty essential! Any recommendations? Don't really want to spend over £75. Thanks for the tips! x

·
Registered
4,619 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
I know I have probably said this probably a milion times (especially to people looking to buy bapes), but check for the 6900fs-8. To me it looks much better at a fraction of the cost.:)

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
there are two 'white' 6900's this one is pure white, the FS8 is said to be a light blue/grey white.. it cost me 85$ (£43) plus shipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts