WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Got a nice Seaman WCCS but the yellowing looks very noticable now I have the new white/clear strap and bezel fitted to my fisherman. Thought I'd give the dyeing a go but wondered what colour would work best given the already pale yellow strap?

Anyone got any pics of watches dyed from a yellowed strap (other than the one in the 'how to' section).

Seaman 3.jpg

Seaman 2.jpg

Thanks Toby

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
I think any darker colour will be ok.

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
Put the pictures in Photoshop and play with the colours and see what works best with the blue writing. That's what I'd do. Maybe best to avoid dark blue as I've seen other people dye the straps and bezels to try and match the writing and it just doesn't look good.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Hi Tobyd,

I have the same type bezel and strap. Don't try light colors, it will not come out nice on translucent bezel and straps. Dark, bold colors are good. If I were you, I would go with Black, or Red or Blue for that Jelly look. I did it for mine and choose red and black. Here are some pics.

Later, I changed the letterings on my Red Jelly to yellow for better contrast :-!

My suggestion is a dark blue so it will look like below:

There are many threads on dyeing, so have a read first and go ahead and do it. Remember to post pictures and good luck :-!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Some great pics here. Much inspiration. Too bad I'm not into flashy....

I guess I'll have to see if I can find olive green dye... LOL!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow - thanks for the help so far.

Like the idea of the blue and wondered what purple would look like. Stuck decieding whether to go subtle like the blue or mad bright like red, orange or purple?

Have a spare strap and bezel for my Fisherman thats gone a little yellow so may experiment on that first.
Toby

·
Registered
289 Posts
You can check my "First G" thead for a post with a range of "simulated" colours on my watch. Maybe it'll give you ideas for yours... :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
the blue 5600 looks great!!!!!!!! :-!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi, Thanks for the replies - off to get the dye tomorrow and still not sure. Like the idea of the Blue although may be brave/stupid when confronted with the choice of a brighter colour like purple or orange.
Will test on my old Fisherman strap 1st and will post pics upon completion.
Cheers and Happy Xmas.
Toby

1 - 20 of 24 Posts