WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi Gordon, I got one about two months back:

I'm really happy with mine. As you can see, I got the camo-green one. The camo blue looks really striking as well. Make sure you don't pay too much.

Locomoco.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That green camo python looks smashing!!! :-! :-! :-!

I recently emailed javys and got a quote for about $250 for a python.

It got me wandering if it wouldn't be cheaper for me to get a basic DW-5600 and swap it for a camo case and strap (i've seen on the bay for about USD$70) .... would that work? :roll:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
The green one looks nicer (especially with the orange "g-shock" logo), but it's pretty difficult to read due to the low contrast.

OTOH, the blue color on the other model does not seem to be as balanced. Ultimately it all comes down to you wanting form or function more.

ps. That's an interesting idea to try to do a homemade version...:)

edit: here's a link to more (stock) pictures:
http://www.ari-web.com/shop/watch/g-shock/dw-5600cf.htm

also, look into the dw-5600fs, same inverse display/green band/bezel, but no camo print.

·
Registered
503 Posts
That green camo python looks smashing!!! :-! :-! :-!

I recently emailed javys and got a quote for about $250 for a python.

It got me wandering if it wouldn't be cheaper for me to get a basic DW-5600 and swap it for a camo case and strap (i've seen on the bay for about USD$70) .... would that work? :roll:
Hi Gordon,

$250 USD is a good price for the G-Python providing that's including shipping and handling. Audrey at Javys Intl. is a good guy and all their stuff is brand spankin' new. Only problem, from the collector's standpoint, is that their merchandise are all overseas models. I dunno if this matters to you or not but that means they're not made in Japan/sold for the japanese domestic market, plus only the japan-only pieces come with tags and stuff. You may not care. Anyway, post pics when you get it!

Locomoco.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
only the japan-only pieces come with tags and stuff.
This isn't generally true, if that's what you meant. I've bought non-Japanese pieces from various suppliers around the world, and they have all come with tags, labels, instruction books, warranties, etc. Unless a supplier says 'no papers' you should get everything.

·
Registered
503 Posts
This isn't generally true, if that's what you meant. I've bought non-Japanese pieces from various suppliers around the world, and they have all come with tags, labels, instruction books, warranties, etc. Unless a supplier says 'no papers' you should get everything.

I could be wrong Tribe but I don't think I was being specific enough. I was just referring to the tags that only seem to come with the JA-only pieces. Warranties, instruction manuals-- oh sure!

Well, that's what I get for generalizing. ;-) To be absolutely specific, even overseas models can come with tags, like my US market GW5600J. But the japanese tags are pretty distinctive so when you see one you know it's from Japan. Plus, I believe the JA-only 5600 python came with a tag that said 'limited products' on the tag or something along those lines. Of course, I dunno if the european market gets their G's with the japanese tags or not? Anybody know?

Locomoco.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers for the replies guy's.

Fingers crossed. I'll get back in a couple of days to tell you how the bidding went ;-)

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I note that there is also an example of the more desirable DW-5600CF-3JF model on the 'Bay at the moment from the same seller.

I think both will fetch strong money. Will be interesting to review tomorrow.

Good luck to those bidding.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Wow, someone got a bargain on both, especially the green one. If I'd thought for one minute that was going to go for south of a hundred US dollars, I'd have whacked a bid on myself.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I looked at them with 15 minutes to go last night, and my girlfriend gave me a look that said "You will suffer if you buy a third G-shock this month" Even then, if I thought they would be so cheap, I may have done it. I expected at least 150 for the grey python and definitely more then 100 for the green.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Damn, bugger, a&*e!!! I had to go into work early and missed it! :oops:

I think i'll try modding a DW-5600 with a camo bezel and strap :think:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts