WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Re: Advice on Re

You are one lucky and patient guy... great buy! I hope you get another great Soviet watch soon!
The last few times I have checked it’s losing between 2-3 SPD and I can easily live with that, I honestly would prefer it be fast but without a timegrapher I won’t attempt to correct this as I would likely got from 2-3 secs slow per day to 5-10 secs fast and then I would be back to o|

I did come across this one but guessing these are fairly common

1B944D46-6DC8-4A74-B705-EC1F6CAFF5EB.jpg

3E28318E-FD19-423D-856D-48315801A690.jpg

BF69A2D0-86C6-4764-B397-DF90C07B0E3E.jpg

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
You are one lucky and patient guy... great buy! I hope you get another great Soviet watch soon!
The last few times I have checked it’s losing between 2-3 SPD and I can easily live with that, I honestly would prefer it be fast but without a timegrapher I won’t attempt to correct this as I would likely got from 2-3 secs slow per day to 5-10 secs fast and then I would be back to

I did come across this one but guessing these are fairly common

View attachment 15239955

View attachment 15239957

View attachment 15239961
Yes, common somewhat. This seems to be in a good condition.
You may have less luck regulating with this one. It is from the transition period between USSR and Russia. Not the best time (watch quality wise) for Vostok factory.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yes, common somewhat. This seems to be in a good condition.
You may have less luck regulating with this one. It is from the transition period between USSR and Russia. Not the best time (watch quality wise) for Vostok factory.
I’m so glad I take time to show pics and ask....you guys are a wealth of information

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I think I need to follow your advice on a lottery ticket, last evening it was right at 3 secs slow so it dropped 3 secs in 18 hours but then I rested crown up and it gained them back so this a.m it’s right at +/-0 with time.gov so I fully wound and won’t do anything except wind and wear and see where it’s at in 3-4 days

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well I had been wearing my Dirskie for 4-5 days and rested crown up every night and after that time I did a few time checks and am quite happy

963C8F69-B711-4934-88F6-2A707AE6DDAF.jpeg
3B6727A0-6773-4307-82AC-53C2708F92D5.jpeg
5A35F465-CBA3-4605-B308-0DEF55776DBA.jpeg

Reactions: Odessa200

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I think you got a damned fine looking 'dirskie there m8 and couple seconds a day is just about as good as you will get it without chasing your tail somewhat meaning over a month you will have to set it back or forward a minute and really no big issue.

Tank commanders come up at very good prices all the time, I am a fan of the standard black one, I also have a very lovely gilded dial tank commander in a TiN case on a distressed hide 5 ringer NATO which I love wearing as well.

The other popular design of a 'dirskie is the paratrooper's, the various submariners too are available in several colour ways and are a popular choice for a collection. For me of all the case designs the upper quadrant crown, star shaped case is the epitome of Soviet watch design in Vostok's stable.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I think you got a damned fine looking 'dirskie there m8 and couple seconds a day is just about as good as you will get it without chasing your tail somewhat meaning over a month you will have to set it back or forward a minute and really no big issue.

Tank commanders come up at very good prices all the time, I am a fan of the standard black one, I also have a very lovely gilded dial tank commander in a TiN case on a distressed hide 5 ringer NATO which I love wearing as well.

The other popular design of a 'dirskie is the paratrooper's, the various submariners too are available in several colour ways and are a popular choice for a collection. For me of all the case designs the upper quadrant crown, star shaped case is the epitome of Soviet watch design in Vostok's stable.
I would really like to find a submariner in minty condition and have looked at the Tank as well, paratrooper not so much for me as the design of it on the dial just does not call my name...lol

21 - 28 of 28 Posts