WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all!

I have had some odd and quite bafflingly rude correspondence from an eBay seller in Australia when I made an earnest and polite enquiry about this listing yesterday:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/POLJOT-Russian-Aviator-Watch-Limited-Edition-/302427257457

I was simply asking them about negotiability on price following an initial enquiry when the watch was listed a few weeks ago.

This was their response (I especially like the 'Poljot are for cheap collectors like you' part... classy :roll:)

"...I just listed 2-3 weeks ago and I'm happy to keep it for the next 10 years... I own watches 20x more the value of this. If I list it for $1000. someone will buy it - guaranteed. I only need 1 serious watch collector and seems its not you. I bought it from a Russian bloke who was on holidays in Boracay and needed money. I dont like it but never seen one so why not. Poljot are for cheap collectors like you. You are the type who buys cheap, keep the watch and sell for a profit in the future. I've done my research and came up with very few leads. its a limited edition aviator and very rare. and its for pick up only. Cash! u can inspect if you want. cheers..."

Does this seem odd or fishy to anyone here? Is it as rare or valuable as they state?

Opinions welcome!

Thanks
:-!

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I just had a look at the listing and it doesn't gel with what they wrote to you. According to the listing it belonged to her (?) late father. With an Ebay user name like "swissbelle1" I can only assume that this watch is beneath them.

There are a lot of slippery Aussie sellers, just like in other parts of the world (PS. I'm an Aussie ;-) )

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha yes, we are an untrustworthy lot! (I'm in Brisbane :-d)

I just had a look at the listing and it doesn't gel with what they wrote to you. According to the listing it belonged to her (?) late father. With an Ebay user name like "swissbelle1" I can only assume that this watch is beneath them.

There are a lot of slippery Aussie sellers, just like in other parts of the world (PS. I'm an Aussie ;-) )

·
Registered
878 Posts
Rude eBay sellers who can't get their story straight are best avoided and don't deserve your money.

Let him keep it for the next 10 years, might just teach him some manners :).

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
The seller is an arse. Ignore them and look elsewhere for someone who will treat you (and what they sell) with a little respect.
The Aviator I chrono *is* a nice watch. But, paying money to someone who said that to you? Nah!

·
Registered
684 Posts
It's a nice watch, but while not ridiculously high, it is priced at the top end of what I generally see. It also appears to be quite worn. Personally I'd pass.

Unless you want this very specific, particular model, there are quite a few different versions to choose from with the same or very similar design - not only from Poljot but also successors such as Maktime, Poljot International, Volmax and Moscow Classic. Here is one, for example, currently on ebay, apparently in new condition:

POLJOT AVIATOR Watch Russian Chronograph caliber 3133 , HIRSCH leather strap | eBay

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Does this seem odd or fishy to anyone here? Is it as rare or valuable as they state?

Opinions welcome!

It's neither odd, nor fishy. It's passive aggressive, stupid, unprofessional, stupid, obnoxious and, did I mention stupid?

Opinions are like a-holes. Everybody has one. In this case, the seller has numerous, and all of them stink. Let them keep this crap to themselves. Opinions and the watch, I mean. Why would you subject yourself to that? I would not even waste electrons to tell the seller to f off.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
*sigh* agreed... o|

It's neither odd, nor fishy. It's passive aggressive, stupid, unprofessional, stupid, obnoxious and, did I mention stupid?

Opinions are like a-holes. Everybody has one. In this case, the seller has numerous, and all of them stink. Let them keep this crap to themselves. Opinions and the watch, I mean. Why would you subject yourself to that? I would not even waste electrons to tell the seller to f off.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, that's pretty much what I did...

It certainly is an odd way for an individual to conduct themselves on eBay (or anywhere else for that manner).

There's certainly some very strange human beings out there in this world :-(

Tell them they're dreaming.

·
942 Posts

Look at the other cheap tat he has previously sold. Nothing there suggests that he has a fine collection of watches. He sounds like a complete insecure bullshitter to me. If a serious seller why did he not show the movement for authentication? Perhaps he doesn't know how to take the back off a watch......hahaha.

The Boracay story sounds suspicious too. Nobody but a nutter would buy a watch from a Russian on the beach, not knowing anything about it. Also Boracay is an expensive trip for a Russian and. since many do not appreciate their own watches. he would be more likely to be wearing a Japanese or Swiss timepiece. I meet quite a few here and they are not wearing Poljots and Vostoks, only me............hahaha.

I would ignore this clown and treat him with the contempt he merits. Rude boys keep their stuff!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Waaaait a second. So, this is not the sellers letter to AHRK78? This is the seller's dead father's letter to him/her? Cause, look, "My late dad's collection" in the listing and "I bought it from" in the letter.

Seems like this odd child was not kept in high regard by his late dad, doesn't it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts