WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this dial, but looking for a bezel to go with it - in all probability it'll be fitted into a 090 case, with a black date ring and gilt hands/tensioner ring & a 'skinny' red second hand (would've liked to have got a 'lighting' gilt one, but at over £35 posted from the Far East - I don't think so!)

Was thinking about a blue Neptune or 65ku3 (prefer the Neptune, as it's got 20 minutes 'graduated', not just 15) just not sure about what shade the blues are on those two - there are others (notably, the '02/15/30/45') but they're OOS (well, so is the watch which will form the base, but!).
Ideally, I'd like a lumed bezel, but the only one (I think) is the black PVD, and I'd prefer a blue.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Hard to tell but I think I’d go for a plain polished bezel. Looks a bit oriental to me but I know nada.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hard to tell but I think I’d go for a plain polished bezel. Looks a bit oriental to me but I know nada.
Can't remember what model that it's off, but it took my eye, and thought that I'd like to build a watch round it, but would like to match/contrast the whole thing (I did think about a TiN case, but can't get a 'usable' bezel) - as I do actually use the bezels for timing, so the plain ones won't be suitable (for me, anyway)

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Buy onesecondcloser golden bezel and blue gold skx insert from some of seiko mod stores.

Or by blue gold am diver bezel.

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока

·
Registered
3,108 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Or soak some of the classic amphibia bezels in acetone, clean black color, and put inside marks some gold or even blue acrylic color. 710 bezel is good for that.

I have done that with just gold color for some dual tone 120 amphibia mod, and it was better than expected.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Buy onesecondcloser golden bezel and blue gold skx insert from some of seiko mod stores.

Or by blue gold am diver bezel.

Where is the blue gold am diver? Can't remember seeing one of those:unsure:

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
If you have skills (I don't) you can try to heat/tourch for example 710 bezel, until it get golden color.

You can even heat it to get blue color, and then put some gold color in marks.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Got this dial, but looking for a bezel to go with it - in all probability it'll be fitted into a 090 case, with a black date ring and gilt hands/tensioner ring & a 'skinny' red second hand (would've liked to have got a 'lighting' gilt one, but at over £35 posted from the Far East - I don't think so!)
View attachment 15374184

Was thinking about a blue Neptune or 65ku3 (prefer the Neptune, as it's got 20 minutes 'graduated', not just 15) just not sure about what shade the blues are on those two - there are others (notably, the '02/15/30/45') but they're OOS (well, so is the watch which will form the base, but!).
Ideally, I'd like a lumed bezel, but the only one (I think) is the black PVD, and I'd prefer a blue.
That 35 pounds shipping if you're talking about the guy I think you're talking about is actually a mistake - the 35 pounds is for fast shipping, normal shipping was either free or very cheap, can't remember. You just don't select the fast shipping when paying.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That 35 pounds shipping if you're talking about the guy I think you're talking about is actually a mistake - the 35 pounds is for fast shipping, normal shipping was either free or very cheap, can't remember. You just don't select the fast shipping when paying.
Right, just went into the listing, must be the same guy! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I would suggest a black bakelite perhaps? You want something dark whether a finished coated bezel or a bezel insert which you can choose the one you want from the millions of Seiko ones out there with or without lume pip or lumed numerals, ceramic, acrylic, aluminium.

Have you got a picture of the original Troika watch how it was presented in its case?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
What hands you going with? That itself can be a conundrum to find the right hands, you can look on Aliexpress for Miyota 8215 hands and see some sexeh sexeh looking pieces, I have a couple of the jagged lightning sets coming just for the jagged lightning second hands, and a set of Seiko/Omega type open heavy arrows like you see on the Omega seamasters.

I have decided I am going down the all lume dial with the scuba prat on it, date window, 710 case, those gawjus hands plus the jagged lightning on a date auto, got the display caseback on its way from Germany and a chap local to me hoping will do me a nice 22mm leather 2 piece Zulu in the hide/colour of my choice.

Have bought an amazing thick oxblood hide strap for my 70's Sekonda automatic from this chap (Vintage Style Handmade Dark Red Burgundy Maroon 'Worn' Leather Watchstrap 18mm | eBay)

Am hoping he will do cheap custom stuff, I have also ordered a 18mm 2 piece ringer in green for my incoming 119 Amphibia which will look sweet with the green dial going on there and I might well place my spare Meranom grille bezel on that one...

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
There's another chap on ebay who is selling less prominant grilles for Vostok's, can't find the seller's name but is quite cheap

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hands-wise, was going to stick with the standard gilt hour/minute ones that come with the 'donor' (a 090679), but swap out the white second hand for a less 'intrusive' one - possibly upgrade to a set of blue 'super' lumed ones.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I'm hoping you don't have the same second hand problem I had with the donor 2409 for my homebuilt project, luckily I had kept the tennis ball second hand from the Cadet donor and that slid in perfectly but two new ones just would not fit.

I was trawling dials last nite and saw Mr Bestrus has the dark grey charcoal Troika dial similar to your blue one and I must admit to being tempted as I still have an octa case and a round Amphibia case to build into so I gradually get all the Amphibia type cases.

What I would love to get my hands on is a Ratnik 060 in that burnished brass or bronze. A Ratnik is now on my grails list simply as I love military tech and Russian military tech is quite cool :)

My freshly arrived Sekonda automatic is playing me up at mo, seems to want to stop and loses about 5 minutes in one go then carries on without a pause for 24 hours, most perplexing.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Must admit that I'm a bit worried about the second hand, which is why I'm looking at getting a 'dirskie set, and drop the spare bits into the 'spares box' (or trade off for something else) using just the second hand, rather than a set that 'should' fit - thoughts are, that if I can get an 'original' set, shouldn't have the problem?
The second hand on the 'komphibia' had a pin, rather than a hole, which fitted into the new movement no trouble at all?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts