WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

First time thread, be kind haha :)
I'm Chris, been into watches on and off for 35 years, but back into it very hard in the last 5 in particular.
Keen for some advice on where I could be looking to expand my collection next - looking for variety and have a real love for microbrands of late.

Current collection:
- Seiko Monster first gen (orange)
- Seiko SKX007
- Seiko SKX009
- Seiko 7002
- Seiko Alpinist (the only REAL Alpinist - green! haha)
- Seiko cocktail time (the 065)
- Seiko Tuna
- Timex Marlin reissue
- Timex Easy Reader
- Traska Freediver
- Omega Railmaster
- Omega De ville
- Oris Aquis
- Tag Aquaracer
- Raymond Weil Freelancer
- Seiko Pogue
- Magrette Moana

Incoming:
- Baltic Aquascaphe
- Boldr Venture
- MAS Irukandji

Thank you in advance for the suggestions (although my wife may not be so thankful haha)!

·
Registered
31,074 Posts
I reckon you could go with a GMT in there.

Rolex would be my pick but since you’re loving the micro brands I’d seriously look at a Zelos GMT, in blue. I understand it’s sold out but you may be able to grab one from someone on here. Complete stunner of a watch:
412358A1-14F4-48D3-B704-E88F5DFA73FB.jpeg

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
I would check out a bronze or brass cased watch, there are several brands to pick from and the price range goes from 299.00 all the way to a few thousand dollars. A few brands come to mind Zelos, Boldr, Pontvs, Obris Morgan, Benarus, even Oris, Steinhart, Archimede. The list goes on.

Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
32,648 Posts
Glycine makes a nice brass cased one as well with their 42mm Combat Sub.

·
Registered
Rolex datejust
914 Posts
I say you need a speedy pro in there, a submariner, a royal oak, a nautilus, a reverso, and a gmt for sure.

Reactions: Chris1958

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Anything from Monta if you're willing to splash the cash, if not Something from Casio (a GShock or Oceanus.)

Or try sacrifice one of your Seikos and experiment with modding

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I reckon you could go with a GMT in there.

Rolex would be my pick but since you’re loving the micro brands I’d seriously look at a Zelos GMT, in blue. I understand it’s sold out but you may be able to grab one from someone on here. Complete stunner of a watch:
View attachment 14238751
Ooh, that is gorgeous! How have I not seen this haha.
Thanks!

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would check out a bronze or brass cased watch, there are several brands to pick from and the price range goes from 299.00 all the way to a few thousand dollars. A few brands come to mind Zelos, Boldr, Pontvs, Obris Morgan, Benarus, even Oris, Steinhart, Archimede. The list goes on.

Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk
Yes, I must say, I have stayed away from bronze for some time, but I keep being attracted by the thought.
I do like the Oris bronze pointer date :)

·
Banned
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anything from Monta if you're willing to splash the cash, if not Something from Casio (a GShock or Oceanus.)

Or try sacrifice one of your Seikos and experiment with modding

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Monta make some lovely pieces don't they... I must admit I always end up with the Skyquest on my wishlist (need a GMT anyway), but now that they've released the Atlas, I think that might be the ticket!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi everyone,

First time thread, be kind haha :)
I'm Chris, been into watches on and off for 35 years, but back into it very hard in the last 5 in particular.
Keen for some advice on where I could be looking to expand my collection next - looking for variety and have a real love for microbrands of late.

Current collection:
- Seiko Monster first gen (orange)
- Seiko SKX007
- Seiko SKX009
- Seiko 7002
- Seiko Alpinist (the only REAL Alpinist - green! haha)
- Seiko cocktail time (the 065)
- Seiko Tuna
- Timex Marlin reissue
- Timex Easy Reader
- Traska Freediver
- Omega Railmaster
- Omega De ville
- Oris Aquis
- Tag Aquaracer
- Raymond Weil Freelancer
- Seiko Pogue
- Magrette Moana

Incoming:
- Baltic Aquascaphe
- Boldr Venture
- MAS Irukandji

Thank you in advance for the suggestions (although my wife may not be so thankful haha)!
Mate, thank you!
So honoured to see that our Irukandji is one of your 'incoming' pieces! :)
Great collection btw.

Matt

1 - 20 of 22 Posts