WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this is in the wrong section of the board, could not find a more appropriate section.

I am residing in Belgium and ordered an Omega Planet Ocean from a watch store in Italy through Chrono24 (I'll name the store if it's requested). I paid on 15/12/2014. After not hearing a thing for a few days, I asked about the status of the order. They replied it was send, didn't receive a tracking number or anything.

Since then, no watch has shown up. I paid 120€ for 3-day insured shipping. I think that after 18 days it should have been here already. I asked for several times about a tracking number and more information, either answered with "Ok. I will verified the position tomorrow morning." or unanswered. Still have no tracking number or more information.

The seller is a trusted seller on Chrono24 and has a physical store so I am not assuming this is a scam, but I'm still highly worried about this. I've gathered that these clowns have the worst customer service ever, but what are the steps that I can take here?

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
How did you make payment? Credit card? PayPal? Why hasn't seller provided you with tracking number? INSIST ON IT!!! I haven't looked, but can you not pursue this thru Chrono24? Have you looked the seller's address up on Google Map & gotten a street view of the store? Is there a Better Business Bureau or similar organization that you can check with regarding the seller? And ... lastly ... is the seller still offering the watch for sale on his store site &/or Chrono24? Time's awasting (no pun intended) so jump on it! Good luck.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paid by bank transfer. Google maps isn't always up to date with their pictures. I just received a reply (after I indeed threatened to report it to the authorities, whoever that may be in this case).

Suit yourself. Certain that the threats are not the best way. however, your
package is ready and will be sent tomorrow.
I don't even... They clearly said it was shipped on 20 December, and now they still need to ship it out? I'm not quite sure if this is allowed but I'm going to name the seller to prevent others of having to go through the same ordeal. How do these jokers become trusted dealers? Virtuoso - Welcome to the homepage of Virtuoso - Chrono24.com

And yes, I asked questions before ordering. They told me it was in stock and ready to ship.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Chrono24 should indeed protect you against anything if it happens. It's a shame you bank transferred as a credit card or PayPal would also open a case in your favor.

Heckle them for a tracking number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Lesson learned!

I would cancel the order right away and ask them for a full refund. Do not trust them further. Talk to your bank if need be to ask for a cancellation of payment.

The nerve of these people...what planet do they live on? Clearly not the planet of civilised people.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Is that your watch/reference # still listed on their site? Read the 'Trusted Seller' description ... doesn't mean much, does it? Get a bunch of friends together to submit reviews ... could be $1.99 items ... could be $5,000 watches. Hopefully these turkeys just have to go get the watch from their usual A/D (legitimately) & send it out. Not much protection in a wire transfer of funds other than a good record of payment & receipt of funds. See how tomorrow goes and get that tracking number. I don't see anywhere on the Ferrari site a means to book a pick-up/delivery ... looks more like a high security courier service (handcuffed to the briefcase) for the high-end jewelry trade. Got any friends with Interpol that can make a phone call for you? If Virtuoso doesn't come thru for you tomorrow, contact Interpol ... nothing ventured ... nothing gained!

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Judging by their Facebook page, they'd be a little slow on processing a refund if you took that route. I'm sure you'll finally get the watch and it'll all work out. It's just a bad reflection on Italian vendors.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think Chrono24 can do much as this can be read on their website: "Chrono24 will give no warranty about the quality of goods sold and bought through the site. Negotiation of all terms and conditions of a sale are the sole responsibility of the respective buyer and seller."

Bank transfers aren't uncommon in Europe to make payments so I didn't think much of it since they looked trustworthy.

I'll await tomorrow and fingers crossed that I receive a tracking number. I don't understand sellers like these. They must understand they throw in their own windows when they behave like this, even if I am just a customer from another country. I'm not unreasonable, I understand delays may occur but leaving someone in the dark and lying about having shipped an item is just not done imo.

Lesson learned, the Italians are cheap but the lack of customer service doesn't make up for it.

It sounds a bit fishy to me. Talk to your bank and see if you can cancel the payement.
It was made on 15 December. I doubt I can cancel it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problem jT3. As for the bank transfer; you might ask your bank as to where your money was transferred to and then go from there. Also understand that the retail site may have been hacked. Chances of that are slim, but it does happen. Meanwhile, I hope you didn't divulge too much personal info during the transaction.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Along with folks at chrono24 who close their eyes at such behaviour that should not be tolerated, but as I read on many occasions they only care about their fees and unlike eBay for example that always keeps the customers best interests in their site, often times in the detriment of the seller even, not the case with chrono24.

I would certainly not have the courage to purchase such a high value item via bank transfer, especially after experienced being stung myself in the early days of my watch collecting, albeit for a smaller value.

Hopefully it will be just a case of extremely poor customer service and nothing more and you will receive watch as described soon.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
SOoooo ... did they ship the watch & give you a tracking # ... or will you be vacationing in Italy with a baseball bat?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Nothing. Called the store but they don't speak English. Although they claim to do so on their website and Chrono24. Guy on the phone basically said "I'm not at the office, send an email". I've already send about 10 or so over the last few days with no response. They have until monday to give me a clear update, if not I'll be seeking advice at the police station.

Contacted Chrono24 as well, no response. Never ever buying a watch through there again. I feel terrible, this was going to be my first 1k+ watch.

·
Premium Member
47,915 Posts
I agree that contacting law enforcement, if nothing else but to document the issue is a good idea, then I would be turning it over to an attorney if it were me and they still failed to deliver as promised.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Nothing. Called the store but they don't speak English. Although they claim to do so on their website and Chrono24. Guy on the phone basically said "I'm not at the office, send an email". I've already send about 10 or so over the last few days with no response. They have until monday to give me a clear update, if not I'll be seeking advice at the police station.

Contacted Chrono24 as well, no response. Never ever buying a watch through there again. I feel terrible, this was going to be my first 1k+ watch.
1. Instead of playing conspiracy theories here if I were you I would do everything possible to figure out who will deliver the parcel in Belgium. I have never heard of that Italian courier but odds are they will hand over the parcel to a sub contractor (that could well be your national postal service). However, talking to your postal service will be difficult as you do not even own a tracking number or anything else.

2. Italian speaking people here could help you write the email. They again can help you back translate it into English once the chrono24 seller has responded.

3. 3 weeks for an insured parcel is a long time (I orderd cycling bib tights on 23rd Dec from Germany and the parcel arrived 10 days later here in the UK over the Xmass period).

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What conspiracy theories? I don't even know if it's shipped yet, let alone how. I only assume that's the courier as that's what they wrote on their website. I've already send an email in Italian with the help of Google translate.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I agree that contacting law enforcement, if nothing else but to document the issue is a good idea, then I would be turning it over to an attorney if it were me and they still failed to deliver as promised.
Maybe a good idea if you live in the USA but law enforcment cross boarder in a civil matter will have the effect that costs will spiral out in a split second. I rather buy a Rolex for that money. There was a similar thread in a German speaking newsgroup (I think a German watch buyer was conned by a chrono24 seller from the Netherlands) and the lawyers in that forum explained what it would mean to enforce cross boarder litigations: costs, costs and costs with zero chances that you gonna succeed.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.