WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well heres the problem,
Went to the AD today to pick up my restored 1945 seamaster. It looks fantastic on croc leather! Since i have been saving for a new aerospace I thought I would check it out while I was there. THEN the AD said that she had a 2 year old speedmaster in mint condition, that had just been traded in. Did I want to see it? She also told me that she wont be selling it untill after christmas but that if I wanted to buy it then I could have it for 895.00 euros! The new ones are 2,000.00 in the same store. (since Im a friend of the owners, she often lets me see whats comming on sale before it actually does!) Well I tryed it on and really didnt want to take it off, but thought, hey thats the cash your saving for the aerospace....

Now what am I to do now. Buy the beautiful speedmaster which I think is a must for any collection. Or spend alot more, 2,650.00 on a new aerospace.

Seeing that I have a superocean, chrono colt, and a seamaster, maybee the speed is the next ONE....

What would you do????
thanks, pete

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Sounds like a bargain, and it also sounds that you have answered your own question. I know what i would do, but rumour has it i am a bit impulsive LOL..

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Well heres the problem,
Went to the AD today to pick up my restored 1945 seamaster. It looks fantastic on croc leather! Since i have been saving for a new aerospace I thought I would check it out while I was there. THEN the AD said that she had a 2 year old speedmaster in mint condition, that had just been traded in. Did I want to see it? She also told me that she wont be selling it untill after christmas but that if I wanted to buy it then I could have it for 895.00 euros! The new ones are 2,000.00 in the same store. (since Im a friend of the owners, she often lets me see whats comming on sale before it actually does!) Well I tryed it on and really didnt want to take it off, but thought, hey thats the cash your saving for the aerospace....

Now what am I to do now. Buy the beautiful speedmaster which I think is a must for any collection. Or spend alot more, 2,650.00 on a new aerospace.

Seeing that I have a superocean, chrono colt, and a seamaster, maybee the speed is the next ONE....

What would you do????
thanks, pete
i nearly bought a speedy some months ago but flinched. not a decision i regret. there are plenty out there. if this is a bargain and you'd buy one anyway then why not. if it's a bargain it sounds as if you'd be able to flip it without too much of a loss or even possibly a small profit. but for me, i'd stick to the aerospace.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Assuming that you also tried on the aerospace, get the one that smiles at you the most when on the wrist - even if it might cost you some extra coin;-)

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
At the price you're being offered, get the Speedmaster. I can't think of two more different watches (one is state-of-the-art, the other is about a million years old) so it seems like an odd brace of watches to have to choose from.

Personally I could live without a manual-wind no-date no-WR plastic-crystalled watch in my collection :)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I'd get the speedmaster !

You can pick up the AS anyday , but it might be a long time before you're offered another Speedy for this price. And mechanical has a "little" more 'soul' than a quartz :)

just my 2 cts
-Rene

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I made the plunge today. First went to the AD and tryed the aerospace... Sweeeet, The black dial with titanium is awsome! Then I went across town and tryed the speedy on. Taking into account the ripe price, I choose the speedmaster. It fits like a glove!

The aerospace will be finding its way into my collection anyhow... Thanks for the advice everybody.
pete

1 - 9 of 9 Posts