WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning my next purchase for sometime in january. I think the aerospace will be the perfect complement to my others. Seeing how difficult it is to choose colors I thought I would ask advise from aerospace owners.

I think that the grey dial looks awsome but am worried that its too subdued. maybee im totally wrong. I hope so because I like the color and hue. The Black seems a sure bet, but I have a black dial B already as do I a blue dial B. What is the consensus regarding the grey dial aeros? should I go with my gut feeling or go black. Furthermore is the blue the same as on the superocean or is it darker?

thanks, pete

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Im planning my next purchase for sometime in january. I think the aerospace will be the perfect complement to my others. Seeing how difficult it is to choose colors I thought I would ask advise from aerospace owners.

I think that the grey dial looks awsome but am worried that its too subdued. maybee im totally wrong. I hope so because I like the color and hue. The Black seems a sure bet, but I have a black dial B already as do I a blue dial B. What is the consensus regarding the grey dial aeros? should I go with my gut feeling or go black. Furthermore is the blue the same as on the superocean or is it darker?

thanks, pete
if you mean the avantage, the grey is possibly the worst colour for contrast with the chrome numerals. i have early aerospaces in black, grey and white (no blue). candidly, the black is my preference.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts

thanks, pete

Well, hard to say...

Grey is the classic titanium and Aerospace colour.
If you are not keen on the current more showy style of watches, grey could be your colour. I do not agree with the assessment that titanium grey makes a bad dial colour with the current chrome hour markers. In my experience, these markers are almost like a mirror, the colour they reflect is more dependent on what you are wearing (e.g. navy blue sweater) than the background colour of the dial.

Talking about blue. This is a very classy dial and looks very distinguished. If you are concerned about contrast, blue will be a good choice. It is much less common than black and gives you the same benefit.

Black colour, or sometimes also called "graphite". This has been a classic for dials for a good reason. Matches with almost anything (black, brown or even blue straps), good contrast, but if you own a few watches with black dial you might choose something different.

White? Not my cup of tea, latte, or whatever.
The wrong kind of contrast with the digital windows. Looks too nouveau riche, trying to attract attention. No, thanks...

·
Registered
942 Posts
does the aerospace come in yellow dial ... been meaning to ask this since the yellow emergency is really after my own heart, i like the yellow emergency but am not keen or need a transmitter :think:

has anyone out there seen a yellow dialed aerospace?

from above post, Kurt, can you post a pic of a blue or black dialed aersopace, am into black dials but the blue got me thinking also :thanks

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
No Yellow Dial Aerospace

does the aerospace come in yellow dial ... been meaning to ask this since the yellow emergency is really after my own heart, i like the yellow emergency but am not keen or need a transmitter :think:

from above post, Kurt, can you post a pic of a blue or black dialed aersopace, am into black dials but the blue got me thinking also :thanks

No, I'm afraid there is no yellow dial Aerospace.
And I can't even post a picture of my black and blue Aerospace Avantage as I am on a trip and won't get back home till Friday.

If you need some more info you could try this link though: https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=73

Altro compiled a history of the Aerospace and included several pictures, including blue dial versions. Maybe this will give you a better idea.

Kurt

·
Registered
2,432 Posts

yes, the non-avantage did come in yellow. i've only ever seen a white gold one which was just too much money for me to justify. i'd love to own one. they look really superb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts