WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there has been a bit of discussion regarding the Aerowatch Aeroplan Chronograph watch that has been featured on ShopNBC and some other watch sites lately. Well I took the plunge and bought one...couldn't resist the idea of an ETA/Valjoux 7750 at a price I could afford. Well I'm pleased to say the watch arrived and I am quite happy with it. It's much more attractive in person than I would have guessed from the online pics.

The dial is beautiful, finished in carbon-fiber that actually gives the watch a 3D/holographic look when placed under light. The Lume is better than most of my other watches. Case is sturdy and nicely finished, able to accept 20mm and 22mm straps from the look of things. The movement seems great so far - smooth sweeping second-hand. Overall the watch is much more attractive than I had thought...it also has quite an imposing wrist presence as it is quite tall.

The one aspect of the watch that I will openly admit is not up to my standards is the strap itself. The "sailcloth" material is piss-poor and the strap seems poorly put together. I will replace it with a black leather strap with deployant clasp (if anyone could recommend an affordable one I'd be much indebted).

Here are some pics. I apologize but I don't have a great macro lens...but it's better than nothing I guess.

Hope you guys enjoyed. Overall I'm stoked...this watch is going to be a great daily!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys,

Just wanted to give an update on the Aerowatch. It's better than I would have ever expected. So comfortable for daily wear and truly feels great on the wrist - nice heft and great presence. It's keeping great time; I ran the chrono nonstop for a few days and it's running about +2sec/day. Hard to argue with that. The Valjoux 7750 seems to be doing a great job. Does have the classic warble but I find it adds character!

Also, the watch is on sale again at worldofwatches.com - this time in orange with a silver bezel. I grabbed one as a gift for my brother but wish I had gotten another for myself as well lol.

Best $400 I've ever put in a watch.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Honestly I think the pics have more to do with it...you don't really notice any such thing in person. I can't say how pleased I am with this watch - the best $400 I've ever spent on one. The only thing that drives me nuts about it is that I only have one lol.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Honestly I think the pics have more to do with it...you don't really notice any such thing in person. I can't say how pleased I am with this watch - the best $400 I've ever spent on one. The only thing that drives me nuts about it is that I only have one lol.
I'd pay $400 for that in a snap! Anywhere still have them for that price?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts