WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought Affinty Photo for mac a few weeks ago.

I did have Adobe Photoshop Elements 12.

However, when I updated the iOS, PSE12 wouldn't work any more. I asked Adobe, and they said I would have to upgrade to PSE14.

This after only having PSE12 for a few months!

Adobe basically said tough, and tried to hold me to ransom in effect - to buy PSE14.

The alternative was Serif Affinity Photo.

I've only been using it a few weeks, but I gotta say - I'm more than impressed with what it can do - and at the one year anniversary release price of £29.99 - a bargain!

Plenty of tutorial videos on Vimeo as well.

No subscriptions and all updates of Version 1 are free.

Anyone else using A.P.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We use it at the office and like it alot. Very versatile for finishing out our ads, banners, etc.
I just love the fact that it comprehensively beats Adobe Photoshop Elements at half the price. Best Mac App 2015. Free updates on all version 1 software. No subscription charges.

As well as that - was Adobe trying to hold me to ransom. They told me I HAD TO BUY Photoshop Elements 14. That annoyed me. I may have lost a few processed images saved as PSE files, but honestly - I think Affinity is going to do well - more so on Windows. It's cheap enough - that most people will buy it - although there will be those who pirate it, because they can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts