WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Do you have any recommendations for an affordable alternative to the Nomos Club? I've been looking ot find something that looks fairly similar that looks great for daytime casual wear, while also suiting itself for formal wear. Nomos Club seems to fit that bill, but it's still beyond my reach.

I'm looking for under $1k. I'm also open to having 2 watches adding up to $1k as well which will suit my casual-day/classy-night wear :)

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Check out Nivrel's stuff.

$720. Made in Germany, housing decorated ETA movements. They could handle day to evening just fine, esp. in black.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Stowa Partitio shares some styling cues with the Club IMO. Check 'em out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stowa Partitio shares some styling cues with the Club IMO. Check 'em out.
Ah yea, i forgot Stowa had something as well. I originally was going to buy a Stowa Antea from them, but I couldn't justify spending my saved-up $1k to only wear it out a few times a quarter :(

·
Registered
15,444 Posts
I thought long and hard about this myself. Almost got the Stowa Partitio but I hated the light hands on the white face and I did not like the way the dark face looked with a brown strap.
Also, the ETA2801-2 is not available in Top Grade. The automatic did not seem interesting enough.
The Nivrel is gorgeous though...but they're 42mm and 44mm. I do like their exhibition back for the price.
In the end, I found a Nomos Club ref. 701 going for €750 plus shipping plus paypal feels. This meets your budget.
Just because you're on a budget does not mean you have to compromise. If the Nomos Club is perfect. Get the Nomos Club.

Reactions: JakeJD

·
Registered
13 Posts
this. because even if you found something similar for cheaper you'll flip it as soon as you can afford a club anyway
Or check out the German subforum, there's a thread about purchasing new Nomos direct from German dealers on chrono24. Depending on the days exchange rate you could probably get a new Club with warranty for about 1200. I got my Ahoi Atlantik for about $1800 cheaper than from an American based authorized dealer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Or check out the German subforum, there's a thread about purchasing new Nomos direct from German dealers on chrono24. Depending on the days exchange rate you could probably get a new Club with warranty for about 1200. I got my Ahoi Atlantik for about $1800 cheaper than from an American based authorized dealer.

Ah, So maybe something like this? Nomos Glashütte Club Stahl Handaufzug 36mm for $1,092 for sale from a Trusted Seller on Chrono24

edit: woops, i neglected to read "nomos DIRECT from chrono24". Here's that thread you must be referencing: https://www.watchuseek.com/f8/buying-nomos-german-chrono24-sellers-1512202.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts