WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching, but I didn't see any posts about this...

I suddenly have the urge to buy a tank, something dressier than my "sporty" watches (Sinn U1 et. al.) for when I wear a suit. I thought a classic looking tank might be nice, but I have no idea where to start.

Any suggestions on an affordable (less than $500) automatic tank with a nice classic look? An exhibition back would be a big plus for me. TIA for the suggestions.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I tried searching, but I didn't see any posts about this...

I suddenly have the urge to buy a tank, something dressier than my "sporty" watches (Sinn U1 et. al.) for when I wear a suit. I thought a classic looking tank might be nice, but I have no idea where to start.

Any suggestions on an affordable (less than $500) automatic tank with a nice classic look? An exhibition back would be a big plus for me. TIA for the suggestions.
I don't know about tank style, but Marc at Island Watch (www.longislandwatch.com) has got some beautiful Swiss made Stovard-Jergesen watches he is clearing out at damn near cost!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
ok I tried to post this but lost it somewhere in computerland:-d

Ok heres a few

Glycine Retangolo

Hamilton Trent

The next couple I own
BMW

Officina Del Tempo

CrazyHour

Im sure theyre are a few others that I didnt mention but the ones that are shown have display backs except the Crazyhour. THe other thing that you can do is get a vintage watch because theyre are a alot tank style watches backin the day.

Good luck:-!

·
5,138 Posts
Great suggestions Jack. I remember a fine looking Hamilton tank that somebody posted as a new score a few weeks ago. They got it at a very reasonable price too as I recall. Maybe it was one of the TJ Maxx bargains.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Hello:

I don't know how you might feel about Russian watches but check out Vostok Europe's Red Square or Arktika at Island Watch. Very nice and at a great price.

Hope that this helps.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions. I have been in contact with Island Watch, that Arktika is looking good.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I have been in contact with Island Watch, that Arktika is looking good.
The Arktika is also my favorite of Vostok Europe's tank style watches. From the reviews which I have read they are fine watches with an excellent movement. Island Watch is a very reputable merchant and their prices are quite attractive. |>

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
The Arktika is also my favorite of Vostok Europe's tank style watches. From the reviews which I have read they are fine watches with an excellent movement. Island Watch is a very reputable merchant and their prices are quite attractive. |>
Thanks Mike because I forgot about the Vostok watches and that Arktika is nice only thing is that im not sure if it hacks or not which is the downside of the Volstoks I know because I own the k3 Sub and miss that hacking. Other than that they are great watches to own (Kool Black Rotor):-!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I recently acquired the Arktika (goldtone case/silver dial/ brown leather strap) and it is definitiely dressy enough to wear with a suit but still has that tough movement and shock resistance.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I recently acquired the Arktika (goldtone case/silver dial/ brown leather strap) and it is definitiely dressy enough to wear with a suit but still has that tough movement and shock resistance.
Hello:

May I ask, how was the accuracy once the movement settled after about 30 days? Was the finish and detailing to your expectations. I keep hearing nothing but good things about Vostok Europe. Thank you.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hello:

May I ask, how was the accuracy once the movement settled after about 30 days? Was the finish and detailing to your expectations. I keep hearing nothing but good things about Vostok Europe. Thank you.
Mike,
I have not had it for thirty days yet and have only worn it about ten times - but I am highly impressed with it overall (only gripe is the date setting routine) - impressed enough that I purchaed a K3 and have an N225 on the way. I have read in-depth discussions on the Russian watch forum about the nuances of Vostok/Vostok Europe history and manufacturing origins in detail. I have felt good about my purchases of Vostok Europe so far.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts