WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just successfully completed my 3+ year project, it's time to reward myself. I love the look of the Gavox Squadron and the Trintec Zulu-01 Chronograph (old version). But while both are great watches (and having the bezel is a 'must' for me), neither bear the full 'diving' certification (200m or deeper).

The JTC and BlancPain versions are stunning, but I won't spend that much on a tool that is likely to get dinged in the field.

Any recommendations for a true diving rated chronograph similar in appearance to the Gavox or the Trintec?

Post will be copied in Affordables, Pilot & Military and Diving forums

·
Registered
283 Posts

If quartz is fine with you, here's a dive chrono that's a little shy of 200. Model is ssc021.

It can come on a bracelet for a little more.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
+1 on the SSC range.

I'll be adding a SSC017 soon, I hope!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Tinypic is not cooperating this morning for me, so I'll be forced to not put up my wristshots.

If you have the itch for an Automatic, the Accutron VX200 is hard to beat. I've not run across a cheaper 7750 based diver from a reputable brand yet.

If you want to stretch out a bit (and perhaps wait for prices to drop...) the Tissot Seastar 1000 Chronograph has been solid as a beater diving chronograph for me. It's not a small watch in any way however. The movement is also the more economical chronograph that Swatch is using in their lower end brands. It has proven durable on my wrist, but I'm still not entirely sure how it will be when I send it for a service in a few years.

If you wanted to stretch even further, Oris makes some great diving chronographs. The older TT1 chronograph can be found used around 1K, the Aquis Titan Chronograph is also wonderful but would be about 1500 even used. Both are great watches, large but wear light thanks to the Titanium cases and bracelets. As a bonus, Oris makes one of the best bracelets in the business.

·
Premium Member
36,286 Posts
Don't forget to look at Orient as well.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Solid recommendations all, and the Seiko gets very close, but still not quite the look I am after. A true 200m(+) version of this (below) is what I seek

·
Registered
70 Posts
To be honest. I don't think you'll be able to find a high WR chrono for cheap that matches your exact style. Unless you plan on doing more than just recreational diving, just get the trintec or gavox.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts