WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys,

I am happy to join this great forum.Recently,after so much search about which would be my first affordable automatic watch,i took an eye to the sterile deep sea dweller watch from Parnis.I was impressed by the look of the watch and i continued the search for the best homage to DSSD,only to find that there arent so many options with the same thickness and weight of the original watch.I was about to take the Helenarou's dssd case and then put a chinese seagull movement,but it was sold out the day that i decided to buy it (what a bad luck-i emailed him but doesnt reply when i asked him if he is going to restock the case).
So here i am,asking for your help!!!
Do you know another seller that provides this watch case or complete watch with the same specs as helenarou's (with domed sapphire crystal)?Is this Helenarou that much better than the sterile version that manjubishee and jackson sell (with flat sapphire crystal)?
I wonder if the helenarou version worth the extra money he asks for (me personally i see this case as a modded parnis case).
And last but not least,if i buy the parnis sterile version which seller do you suggest??Manjubishee is more expensive than Jackson:Are we talking about the same product??
EVERY information is much appreciated!!!I ve done great research for these matters but i cant make a conclusion so i ask for your help!!!
Thank you in advance!!!

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Sizzlin' Watches was my first thought. Here it is on their site: Sizzlin' Watches - The ultimate resource for high-end watches and watch parts.

(I can't speak for that specific watch, but I've ordered two Ticino Pilots from them and Rob is a solid guy to buy from. If anything is wrong with the watch, he will make it right. My first Ticino had the Miyota 8215 and it stuttered way more than I had ever seen a 8215 stutter and he replaced it - quickly. Then I sold it on the sales forum and ordered the 2014 model when I found out it had the 9015 movement and that one arrived quickly - 2 days from ordering - and hasn't skipped a beat.)

·
Registered
775 Posts
I personally can't stand sterile dials, but would love an affordable DSSD homage. Thinkin maybe the Tiger Concepts. I have their Black Bay homage and like it so far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys!!
I love dssd!!I like the thickness and the chunkiness!!The tiger concept had one of these but now they sell it with domed mineral instead of sapphire crystal.I m not gonna pay the price tag they ask for,for a mineral crystal.
It's funny that there are many submariner homages but in the case of dssd's there are a few choices.I think of buyin' a parnis homage,to see how the dssd fits in my wrist and if i like it upgrade to another watch,or making modifications.
Do you know if i can source a domed sapphire crystal for the dssd homage of parnis?
I will send a message to sizzlin'..!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts