WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i own a Seiko Dive watch but looking to buy another one. I like the design of the Ocean 7 LM6 & similar larger divers albeit but i dont want to spend that amount of cash at the moment. So my question is whats a good bang for you buck watch that you could reccomend. Perhaps under $500 Aussie Dollars.

· Registered
1,818 Posts
Irreantum Magellan. $545 USD.

Comes in carbon fiber, orange, blue and black dials.

45mm and is one of the most comfortable and good looking watches I own.

Bob

· Registered
4,023 Posts
Ah! No question: Armida A1 ETA. I got mine earlier this week and love it! Do a search here, you'll see lots of happy customers.
+1!!! had one, but sold it to get a zinex heliox...it's an awesome watch and at your price range used for the eta version or new for the miyota version (A1-1000m-MIYOTA). here's my former armida:
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Wrist

· Registered
873 Posts
I would grab a used deep blue master 2000. Perfect!

· Registered
478 Posts
How is it that the entire case & bracelet are those of a Doxa 600T???

· Registered
478 Posts
How is it that the case & bracelet are that of a Doxa 600T???
Irreantum Magellan. $545 USD.

Comes in carbon fiber, orange, blue and black dials.

45mm and is one of the most comfortable and good looking watches I own.

Bob

· Registered
2,699 Posts
Kind of an old thread, Thomas. :)

This is/was(?) a micro brand company offering an homage to the cushion case watches of yore, i.e. Doxa.

I have no clue if the company still exists but they sold out of the Magellan's a while ago so there must have been some demand for it.
Irreantum Watch

Though yes, most definitely, the case and bracelet were MORE than Doxa-"like"!

How is it that the case & bracelet are that of a Doxa 600T???

· Registered
444 Posts
OP also posted four years ago. Exchange rates change.

E: Guess I could make my post more productive than that. I really wanted to like the magellan when it was in development, but nothing about it made sense. The case & bezel are a given, but the dial and hand proportions and style were all out of whack from the get go.

Seems like in the recent trend of knock offs doxa would be a prime target, maybe they have better lawyers. Haven't seen anyone attempt it since.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.