WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1221 - 1240 of 1850 Posts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I'm not a fan of woven/beaded straps myself, but it definitely looks good! Perfect colour to match the hands.

I plan on ordering one of these watches too and need to find a strap with a colour like that. If anyone has ideas, I'd love to hear them!
I like Hirsch in the leather dept. , good prices and good quality, as such these would be some suggestions:

Genuine Hirsch Rainbow Lizard Grain Leather Watch Strap 1230 26 Brand New | eBay

20mm Hirsch Camel Grain Blue Genuine Leather Flat Stitched Watch Band Regular | eBay

20mm Hirsch Osiris Genuine Leather Padded Ladies Navy Blue Watch Band Strap | eBay

This flat, un-stitched one would probably look great as well, if you're willing to spend a bit more:
Hirsch Scandic Parrallel Leather Watch Strap in Blue 20mm M Silver Buckle | eBay

Also this, if you're feeling a bit adventurous :-d:
20mm Hirsch Crocograin Crocodile Grain Water Resistant Stitched Blue Watch Band | eBay

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just wanted to give you my experience in terms of delay to receive the watch to Luxembourg (from good stuff web site)
- Order and payment (paypal) on July 27
- Receipt of tracking information on August 3
- Receipt of package today August 11
Total time: 2 weeks

The package has been received today in my office (i am off atm)
can't wait to see it!!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Received mine the other day. Being my first mechanical I was rather impressed. Didn't expect it to be as nice of quality as it is so far. It came in a blank, pleather covered display box with a grey felt on the inside. The dial is the white without the concentric circles around the seconds hand. A little disappointed in that, but it's quite nice otherwise, and I like the size overall. Hacking is a little fickle to deal with, and it there seems to be a 5 degree deadspace when turning the crown, between advancing the hands forward and backward for changing the time. Other than that, I'm quite pleased. If this watch came in a manual-only variant that would allow it to be thinner, I'd be all over it.

Got it on an azure nato strap from cheapestnatostraps.com for the moment, but I've got a bunch more natos to swap out with it. Just felt like some eye-popping colour today.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Any EU residents ordered the Rodina from goodstuff?

Classic Rodina automatic wrist watch OEM by Sea-Gull ST17

What was the choice of carrier and how was you charged for taxes?
Got mine though in the UK today. The dial is plain white with concentric circles visible on the seconds dial.

The courier in the UK was Yodel, who don't have the greatest reputation, but whom I've never had an issue with. It was dispatched on the 11th, ordered on 5th - which was good I think. I didn't hear a thing after getting my Paypal confirmation. Then suddenly got my tracking number through, which didn't work for a few days until it landed in the UK.
I took the advice of just not worrying about it, it'll turn up eventually. I was only going to worry 40 days after the Paypal transaction.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Got mine today in the UK too, ordered on the 6th and is the same as Phil's with the concentric circles. Had a similar experience with the tracking and lack of contact, but obviously arrived safely and quick enough not to be worried.

No import duty or VAT was charged. The package was marked at a low value.

First impressions were it's a bit small, but once on the wrist it looks great.

As pointed out probably hundreds of times the strap is the weak point. I'm going to try and find a seamless leather strap, something like this one from the Instrmnt Kickstarter but with a deployment clasp. Not easy to find though!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/8725678/instrmnt-01-a-minimalist-watch-with-a-swiss-moveme

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
For everyone saying the black strap is crap, or anyone curious, my Rodina came with a brown leather strap. I forgot to specify a strap when I ordered, and received the brown. I don't have a problem with it's quality. It's not falling apart, and I haven't needed to spend any extra on the watch.
(FYI, some pics on page 111 of this thread)

·
Registered
424 Posts
For everyone saying the black strap is crap, or anyone curious, my Rodina came with a brown leather strap. I forgot to specify a strap when I ordered, and received the brown. I don't have a problem with it's quality. It's not falling apart, and I haven't needed to spend any extra on the watch.
(FYI, some pics on page 111 of this thread)
I did request a brown strap and got a thin, slightly cheap looking one. Certainly nothing like your papped/textured one.

It's comfortable, but doesn't do the watch justice at all.

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
Having given up on the british summer, yesterday I took off the rubber strap and returned the thick, matte, chocolatey leather strap onto it. Firstly, a thick strap makes a lot of difference with coping with the high lugs. Secondly, the mid-brown strap gives the dial so much warmth: the silvery-white seems much more creamy.

Still sits terribly on my slender, bony wrist ;-)

·
Banned
5,646 Posts
Do you have a pic Der Amf? I was concerned a thick strap may be too much.

Sadly my watch face appears to be pure white.
Sorry I didn't mean thick as in chunky, but typical padded strap, ie thicker than the nasty thing the watch comes with ;-)

Rod jun 1.JPG

In a moment of curiosity I once put a proper chunky black strap on it. It looked *horrible*!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wanted to update on the watch's accuracy:
I measured it for two weeks and it was consistently getting +12.5 s/day. However I reset it about 8 days ago and it immediately improved significantly, to about +6.5 s/day. Needless to say I'm pleased with the improvement. I wonder what could cause such a sudden change...

1221 - 1240 of 1850 Posts